Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Jan 17, 2019, 01:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Please make sure your e-mail address is up to date. You will lose access to some of your groups if you have an e-mail address that creates server bounces.
* Home Help Login Register
+  Crimson Tide Board
|-+  Friends and Allies Area
| |-+  Pirates in Prayer (Moderators: NutMeg, Michelob, Matahari)
| | |-+  Next weekly meeting: ---TBD--- 5:00pm PDT / 8:00pm EDT
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Next weekly meeting: ---TBD--- 5:00pm PDT / 8:00pm EDT  (Read 2543 times)
Michelob

« on: May 19, 2005, 09:04 PM »

When: Monday nights, 5:00pm U.S. Pacific / 8:00pm U.S. Eastern.  Subject to change in the future, post your input.
Where: Usually in Michelob's Townhouse on Xi Island on the Midnight Ocean.  Or sometimes on a ship.  (War brig generously donated by Petry; renamed sloop courtesy of Matahari and Freckles; PiP-themed townhouse living room provided by Michelob.)
To join: Send a /tell to Buccineyer or DecentKelsey, for an invite into the house.  (Alts of Michelob and Matahari, respectively.)

This is not a closed group, and meetings are open to all who are interested, regardless of your own level of spirituality or how 'holy' and righteous you feel.  (I'll be the first to admit it:  I'm a sinner.  I booch it.  All the time.)

We are a non-denominational and Christ-centered group, striving to direct our lives toward God, as revealed and made accessible through His son Jesus.  So whether you're a veteran prayer warrior, a Sunday-school dropout, or merely curious, I will do my best to make you feel welcome and loved, and not judged ('cause honestly that's none of my business), and let God take care of the rest.  And take care of it, He does, every week. :)

--Mike
(a.k.a. Buccineyer, Michelob, and others)

Addendum - Other faiths
To further clarify:  This Pirates in Prayer sub-forum is open to persons and discussions of all faiths, including atheism and agnosticism.  However, the weekly in-game meetings mentioned in this thread tend to center around Christianity, with an emphasis on the parts of Christian doctrine that lead to unity rather than division, due to the faiths of many of the people present.  If anyone is interested in holding additional in-game meetings centered on other faiths, you are welcome to take the initiative and start one, and you may start a separate thread about it in this sub-forum.  You are also welcome to use the name of "Pirates In Prayer" for your group, or choose another name if you feel that would be more appropriate.  However, I would ask that you do not choose a name that is offensive, negative, or mocks other faiths.  For instance, the name "Pirates Against Flying Spaghetti Monsterism (PAFSM)" would be inappropriate; state what you stand for, not what you are against.  Likewise, it would be inappropriate to call yourself the "Vigilantes of the Second Coming of Elvis" unless this is your genuine faith, out of respect to those who believe that the The King still lives, or that he has only vacated the earthly realms for a spell and will be a-comin' back again.  In short, don't be cruel.  Thank you, a-thank you verah much.

** Edited because I can. Wheee! And to change the POCs :-)   ~kel
« Last Edit: Jul 23, 2007, 12:25 AM by Matahari » Logged

*hic* Hide the rum!  The boozer's back in town!

Michelob

« Reply #1 on: Aug 10, 2005, 02:52 PM »

Yohoho, it's Wednesday.  And that means there's a meeting tonight.

8:30pm Eastern (GMT-4)
7:30pm Central
5:30pm Pacific

Be there, or be an equiangular rhombus. :innocent:

Special note: Since the new housing release is scheduled to be rolled out today, things could be hectic on Midnight tonight (e.g., game-breaking booches, server reboots, etc.)  Hopefully, there will not be anything too disruptive for our meeting.

Backup plan B.:  Meet in Michelob's shack on the Ice Ocean (additional download required)
Downside: Ice may be even more disruptive, if quick fixes are being tested there

Backup plan C.:  Instant messenger chat-room
Downside: Not everyone may have accounts on the same protocol.  MSN looks like our best bet.  Here's what I'm aware of:
-- MSN: Matahari, Michelob, Nutmeg, Zyborg
-- Y!IM: Juliemarie, Matahari, Michelob, Nutmeg
-- AIM: Fullboat, Juliemarie, Michelob, Petry

ladyspice
Pirate

« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2006, 03:06 PM »

I am interested in checking out your meetings. If you could post here when the next one is I would appreciate it :). I am in EST just so you know. thank you.
jklix
Senior Officer

« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2007, 01:57 AM »

Sounds awesome.  I'll try to be there as long as school is not a demanding wench.

Lightspeed Briefs
As seen in your dreams.
dotte
Visitor

« Reply #4 on: Apr 23, 2007, 05:55 PM »

* dotte posts here instead of doing an almost 2 year bump.

any chance of doing this on another night? or at a different time on monday? there's something else on mondays from 8-9:30 that i like to go to.

just dotte
dotte
Visitor

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2007, 11:40 AM »

So is the next meeting tomorrow at 8 eastern again?
Or is there some chance of switching it to another night (Thursday is best for me) or making it earlier, so I can at least come to the start. My other Monday at 8 thing has turned into a "if I can't be there whenever possible to help run it, it won't happen" thing.

just dotte
Mistymate
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2007, 12:49 PM »

Every night is pretty equal to me, although if I have a meeting at church, it's on Tuesdays.
Matahari

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2007, 09:50 PM »

Unfortunately, every time we check, it seems the best night is Monday. *shrugs*

I guess we could try some kind of rotating schedule, but that might make it harder for people to remember when it is...

"My desire for companionship outweighs my disgust for picking up [poop]."
        ~a comedian on the radio
Matahari

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2007, 09:23 AM »

bump!

EDIT: It's only second Monday, not third... duh. :-)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 09:25 AM by Matahari » Logged

~a comedian on the radio
Michelob

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2007, 04:17 PM »

FYI, my prison meeting for May has already been canceled, because they're using the prison chapel for something else next week.  So I will be here on the third Monday for a change.

Tonight I may not be staying for the full time.  I put in a lot of extra work over the weekend, and I'm home now, fixing to go take a nap.  I could probably do with an early bedtime tonight too, though.

Matahari

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2007, 11:38 PM »

FYI, Next Monday, May 22,  I'll be on vacation and Lazy will be busy graduating and getting ready to move.

~a comedian on the radio
Michelob

« Reply #11 on: Jun 25, 2007, 02:03 PM »

No meeting again tonight.  Kelsey is still without internet, and I have another commitment.

Matahari

« Reply #12 on: Jul 23, 2007, 12:24 AM »

Not sure when we'll have our next weekly meeting, since Monday's seem to be a bad day. Considering doing Wednesdays which seemed to be the other popular day. If you are interested in participating in further discussions on when to do PiP, please let me know. Thanks!
~kel

~a comedian on the radio
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »