Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Jan 17, 2019, 01:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Please make sure your e-mail address is up to date. You will lose access to some of your groups if you have an e-mail address that creates server bounces.
* Home Help Login Register
+  Crimson Tide Board
|-+  Friends and Allies Area
| |-+  Pirates in Prayer (Moderators: NutMeg, Michelob, Matahari)
| | |-+  Prayer requests
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prayer requests  (Read 14125 times)
Michelob

« on: May 31, 2005, 02:02 PM »

The choir director at my parish is having emergency eye surgery tomorrow (Wednesday) morning.  His retina tore over the weekend.  Please keep him in prayer.  His name is Tom Ed.

Edit: made Subject plural =)

*hic* Hide the rum!  The boozer's back in town!

Matahari

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2005, 02:46 PM »

Northstar (Booty Lubbers) needs some special prayers. Please keep her in yours!
- kel

"My desire for companionship outweighs my disgust for picking up [poop]."
        ~a comedian on the radio
Aquamarina
Officer

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2005, 05:03 PM »

This is for me...I need to find a job! Please remind me in prayers!

Thanks!
Aqua

Aqua is never "blue"!
Pirates of the Damned's Newest Officer!
NutMeg

« Reply #3 on: Aug 31, 2005, 01:30 PM »

For all of those still stranded and awaiting rescue due to Katrina---and all those who DID evacuate, but are still in areas where they can't contact family, or find out the condition of their homes.

Also, please pray for all the rescue workers, volunteers and officials who will help--not to mention kind souls, and family members who will be putting up the now homeless people of LA, MS and AL.

That last one is a little selfish, as it looks as though we may be putting up some relatives either at our home in Atlanta, or in Santa Rosa Beach.  Considering the absolute ONLY similarity between my mother and her sister-in-law (my godmother) is that they are both white christian women, let's hope this doesn't become a clash of personalities....

~Nutmeg

Author of the inappropriate, yet wildly popular "Blondie-atar Wanted" thread.  Thanks for the Blondie-atar!

Kassia
Navy Admiral

« Reply #4 on: Sep 01, 2005, 05:21 PM »

I feel selfish asking for help for myself, with so many thousands of people in the midst of a real-life disaster, but if anyone can spare a quick prayer for me to stay calm through the virtual storm raging around PotD's apothecary, I'd really appreciate it.  Between the people pushing and the people pulling, the only thing that's kept me going is the outpouring of support from all you guys.  Thanks.

Kassia
Michelob

« Reply #5 on: Sep 02, 2005, 10:10 AM »

There was one death reported in my area, and it had nothing to do with the storm.  :x

Officer Daniel Golden, 27, was shot and killed Monday afternoon, while responding to a domestic disturbance call.  He is survived by a wife and two stepchildren.  Also, he was the first Huntsville Police officer to be killed in the line of duty since 1968, and needless to say, the local law enforcement community is heartbroken.  His funeral is today.

rinsan
Visitor

« Reply #6 on: Sep 16, 2005, 10:45 PM »

my cap skullhunter is out sick with some problem i cant even pronounce.so please keep him in your prayers so he can get back sooner.
thanks

a short list of names that need a shout out:
Jess
Lawgirl
paulmmj
estherh
vulgarbeard
sarbear
and skullhunter
Kassia
Navy Admiral

« Reply #7 on: Sep 16, 2005, 11:54 PM »

My aunt was diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease) at the Mayo Clinic today.  My mother is of the opinion that she'd rather kill herself than die of a progressive and debilitating disease.  Please help me pray for her to find some peace in her life, whatever the source.

Thanks,
Kassia
Juliemarie
Visitor

« Reply #8 on: Oct 04, 2005, 09:27 AM »

Fullboat lost his dad yesterday afternoon.  Please pray for him and his family.  If you happen to see him on Midnight or Cobalt (as Dragonlord),  let him know he's in your thought and prayers.
Thanks,
JM

Loving Wife of Fullboat
Officer of the Booty Lubbers

Missourimiss
Devoted Wife of Dragonlord
First Mate of Dragon Riders (Cobalt)
Michelob

« Reply #9 on: Mar 02, 2006, 12:33 PM »

A friend and co-worker has flown north to see his father, Melvin, who suffered a stroke on Monday night.  Please keep Melvin and family in your prayers.

Michelob

« Reply #10 on: Apr 28, 2006, 02:49 PM »

If you haven't seen already - linked from the General Friendly Discussion section

http://www.thecrimsontide.org/forum/index.php?topic=2226.0

Michelob

« Reply #11 on: Apr 28, 2006, 02:53 PM »

Another co-worker has a mother, Joyce, who is in the hospital being treated for bronchitis, sinus infection, and now fever.

NutMeg

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2006, 11:27 PM »

Please remember my best friend, Wes, in your prayers.  He is going through a very rough time lately, all seeming to culimante today with finding out that his Uncle James is loosing his battle with Cancer.  James and his wife, Janice, have been more supportive parents to Wes than his own parents, and Wes is absolutely devistated.

I talked with and prayed for him for over an hour and a half tonight.  Wes's faith is relatively "young" and he is dealing with all this and is struggling with those "How can God let this happen" kind of questions. 

So I guess this is a multi-pronged prayer request.  Wes, James and the rest of his family, and James's doctors. 

Thanks Guys!

Meghan <><

~Nutmeg

Author of the inappropriate, yet wildly popular "Blondie-atar Wanted" thread.  Thanks for the Blondie-atar!

Demetrei
Ally

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2006, 04:03 PM »

I would be very greatful if you could spare a prayer for my old piano teacher, who died of a heart condition (I think, unfortunately I can't remember) and my aunt Margaret who died of old age.

Sniff.
Seka
Visitor

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2006, 04:38 PM »

Please add my father to your prayers his name is Bernard and was placed in the hospital this morning, with the fear he may lose his hand after receiving an injury two weeks ago that will not heal. Thank you
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »