Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Mar 23, 2019, 05:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Please make sure your e-mail address is up to date. You will lose access to some of your groups if you have an e-mail address that creates server bounces.
* Home Help Login Register
+  Crimson Tide Board
|-+  Friends and Allies Area
| |-+  Pirates in Prayer (Moderators: NutMeg, Michelob, Matahari)
| | |-+  Prayer requests
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prayer requests  (Read 15076 times)
Bittersweet
Senior Officer

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2006, 11:48 PM »

Please put my friend, Carla, in your prayers. Her cat (they have 2 cats, no kids, so the cats are their babies) has mouth cancer, her husband is battling skin cancer and now she's suffering from something her doctors are yet to define.

Carla is one of those people who has an infectious laugh that is always great to hear. She's going through a lot and still laughing, but really struggling.

Sixinchheels says, "when you're behind like that, about your only option is the go for the holes and hope"

Dotte flag officer chats, "you mean the belaying pin? i have my own opinion on what it looks like, but sure, turkey baster works."
Silverflames
Senior Officer

« Reply #16 on: Jun 02, 2006, 04:40 AM »

Add me to the list, please.  There's a lot going on, too much to get into, although Bitters has a good idea. 

SilverFlames

SilverFlames - What More Could You Want?
Bittersweet
Senior Officer

« Reply #17 on: Jun 02, 2006, 11:56 AM »

Add me to the list, please.  There's a lot going on, too much to get into, although Bitters has a good idea. 

SilverFlames

* Bittersweet huggles hard. If ye ever need me sweetie, I'm here for a shoulder.

Sixinchheels says, "when you're behind like that, about your only option is the go for the holes and hope"

Dotte flag officer chats, "you mean the belaying pin? i have my own opinion on what it looks like, but sure, turkey baster works."
Rebeviper
Visitor

« Reply #18 on: Jun 02, 2006, 05:40 PM »

I would be greatful if you would add my mother. She just came out of surgery hours ago and will be going back in sometime in the near future. It is for her wrists.

You will all fall by my blade, one by one. . .
Michelob

« Reply #19 on: Jun 19, 2006, 03:46 PM »

Cross-linked from another thread:
http://www.thecrimsontide.org/forum/index.php?topic=2420.msg28820#msg28820

Barr family from my church who were in a car accident - no serious injuries, but numerous minor ones

*hic* Hide the rum!  The boozer's back in town!

Silverflames
Senior Officer

« Reply #20 on: Jun 27, 2006, 11:59 PM »

Please put Arkhamrose and her Mum and their family in yer prayers.   They need them badly.

SilverFlames

SilverFlames - What More Could You Want?
NutMeg

« Reply #21 on: Jun 29, 2006, 03:09 PM »

A family member of mine (some kind of 2nd cousin by marriage...but whatever) is headed to Kuwait.  He was active duty 15-20 years ago, and has been in the Reserves for a billion years as a chaplain's assistant, and, most recently, as a Casualty "officer" accompanying officers on their way to deliver news of casualties or fatalities of soldiers whose families are based in Kentucky. 

Timmy will be going to Kuwait as a counselor--the first person a wounded soldier sees when they come off the field to be triaged and sent to Germany, home to the US, or, sadly, to the morgue.  He will be comforting, praying with and gathering family information from the troops in order that family members can be informed quickly.  There is talk of sending a team of counselors to Iraq to do this job directly on the battlefield and in the field hospitals, but we are all obviously praying that Timmy stays in Kuwait.

This family has a very special place in our hearts.  Denise, my cousin, the wife, spent summers with us in Florida when I was a child (she is 10 years older than I).  They have three children, the youngest is around 8 or 9...however, the family suffered the loss of their oldest 4 years ago this July in a tragic car accident.  The whole family is rallying around them (Denise is one of 30+ grandchildren)...Denise's mother is selling her house to move in with Denise and Zack (the youngest) while Timmy is away (at least 15 months), and to help with the bills. 

There is, of course, more to the story, but it gets confusing at times.  Please remember, though, when you pray for the brave members of our millitary, that there are more members than just those on the front lines who have jobs that are just as, if not more, difficult.  And please, keep this special family in your prayers. 

~Nutmeg

Author of the inappropriate, yet wildly popular "Blondie-atar Wanted" thread.  Thanks for the Blondie-atar!

Michelob

« Reply #22 on: Jul 02, 2006, 10:46 PM »

Someone from the church where I grew up died suddenly last Wednesday from a brain hemmorhage(?).  Her name was Sara, and she was only 28.  She was a believer and lived a life of selfless love, so we can confidently say she has gone ahead to be with the Lord, but it's still very difficult for all the family and friends she left behind.  Please keep her family in your prayers.

Edit: removed some personal details
« Last Edit: Jul 03, 2006, 09:19 PM by Michelob » Logged

Muroni
Senior Officer

« Reply #23 on: Jul 03, 2006, 01:42 AM »

One of our crewmates brother's best friend passed away this week.  Young and shockingly.  I don't know if they want it shared, so I'm making this request anonymously, unless they wanna give out their name.  Please send out some good vibes for those dealing with their loss and bereavement.  (Hope I spelled that right)

The Vampire Muroni :muroni:
Anonymous: all sneaking around and such
Anonymous: made it taste better?
Anonymous: like some stuff tastes better when you are sneaky
Rebeviper
Visitor

« Reply #24 on: Jul 03, 2006, 04:42 PM »

Update:

The gas hasn't killed me yet, so I doubt it will be a problem from now on. Thanks.  :D

Refers to this request from the other thread:

I would love it if you guys could think of me at least for a day or two as I just got out of the ER a little bit ago. There was a gas leak in the house and I had to spend a few hours in the ER getting bloodwork, oxygen, and some other stuff. Thanks a ton.

-Mich
« Last Edit: Jul 03, 2006, 09:05 PM by Michelob » Logged

Boxcutter
Senior Officer

« Reply #25 on: Jul 03, 2006, 11:33 PM »

I am not a religious person, but; i am in request that people at least send good thoughts if not prayer to my boyfriend's best friend.  Josh was hit by a bus in London several days ago.  he remains in a medically induced coma, and has shattered his back and had a leg amputated below the knee.  I am just in desperate need of anything that will help him, his family and his friends get through this hard time.  We are Americans.  Josh was in London visiting friends he made in Thailand (He survived the Tsunami...  i am not kidding).  Josh's family has had to fly out to London to be with him.  I know it has to be hard not only to have your son in this condition but to not be at home on top of it all.

Thank you so much to everyone.

Chivalry's dead, sugar.
Rebeviper
Visitor

« Reply #26 on: Jul 08, 2006, 01:47 AM »

Update:

The gas hasn't killed me yet, so I doubt it will be a problem from now on. Thanks.  :D

Refers to this request from the other thread:

I would love it if you guys could think of me at least for a day or two as I just got out of the ER a little bit ago. There was a gas leak in the house and I had to spend a few hours in the ER getting bloodwork, oxygen, and some other stuff. Thanks a ton.

-Mich

Update: Been having trouble with my right arm. Went to doctor's today and umm... I may have nerve damage in my arm from that artery blood thingy. I guess they may have bumped it while taking the blood. Ya... I am on some pain meds and have to wait a week for the nerve tests for some reason. My time on this game may take a huge hit, sorry all. I'll be back on (for more than 5 mins when I can be).

Edit: Deleted other thread, didn't know I was in 2, keeping it all in one.

Matahari

« Reply #27 on: Jul 08, 2006, 07:11 PM »

Update:

Lol Rebe! I read that and I was like, oh I didn't know we were praying for your farting problem... Yes, my mangled head actually thought that! Haha! I'm sorry that they have since managed to mess up your arm while trying to make sure nothing is wrong with you. Sigh. :huggles: Hope you get better soon!
~kel

"My desire for companionship outweighs my disgust for picking up [poop]."
        ~a comedian on the radio
Bittersweet
Senior Officer

« Reply #28 on: Jul 08, 2006, 07:28 PM »

:huggles: Rebe, I hope ye kick this rut

Michelob

« Reply #29 on: Jul 17, 2006, 12:25 PM »

Amy, the youth group leader at my church, has just been diagnosed with Stage 4 breast cancer, and she is going in to meet with a surgeon today (July 17).  Please pray for her healing.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »