Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Mar 23, 2019, 04:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Don't forget to sign up with your pirate name so we know who you are!  If we can't figure out who you are, your account will be deleted.
* Home Help Login Register
+  Crimson Tide Board
|-+  Friends and Allies Area
| |-+  Pirates in Prayer (Moderators: NutMeg, Michelob, Matahari)
| | |-+  Prayer requests
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prayer requests  (Read 15075 times)
Chod
Visitor

« Reply #30 on: Jul 21, 2006, 06:25 AM »

A friend of mine has a friend that has lung cancer and a brain tumor. Please keep her in mind.

Also, My Uncle was supposed to return to The US this week from Iraq, but the truck taking them to the airfield was hit by an IED. Fortunatly no one was hurt, just the truck.
Please keep him and his fellow soldiers in mind.

Venom Flag Officer Chats, "Who is the douche?"
Venom Flag Officer Chats, "Doesnt he know if you eat rocks your poop will hurt!? :P"
Silverflames
Senior Officer

« Reply #31 on: Aug 01, 2006, 05:55 AM »

Park Muroni and her family on the list.  God will know why, and what needs done.  But hold them in your thoughts, thanks.

SilverFlames

SilverFlames - What More Could You Want?
Malore
Visitor

« Reply #32 on: Aug 01, 2006, 06:53 PM »

My son has taken a path that will no doubt lead him into very deep water at some stage. He's 16.  Please pray that he makes it through, what will become a very turbulant path.

Malore! take away the A L and you have MORE!!
(I'm thanking Millie for that quote!)
Bring the Pain!
Maripanda says, "trouble with a bar at the top of the house is all the stairs you have to fall down to get to the garden!"
</3 TV
Silverflames
Senior Officer

« Reply #33 on: Aug 16, 2006, 04:30 AM »

Please pray for Venom.  I can not tell you why at this time, but she does need your prayers, and God knows why.  Keep her in your thoughts.

Thankee thankee, SilverFlames

SilverFlames - What More Could You Want?
ArkhamRose
Fleet Officer

« Reply #34 on: Sep 09, 2006, 08:07 AM »

Please keep Silverflames in your thoughts and prayers.  I won't say why, but God will know.  And I'm sure she'd appreciate all the good vibes you'll send her.

Ďa! Ďa! Cthulhu Fhtagn!
Bittersweet
Senior Officer

« Reply #35 on: Sep 11, 2006, 07:28 PM »

* Bittersweet hasn't prayed in a long long while...

* Bittersweet drops to her knees

Sixinchheels says, "when you're behind like that, about your only option is the go for the holes and hope"

Dotte flag officer chats, "you mean the belaying pin? i have my own opinion on what it looks like, but sure, turkey baster works."
Matahari

« Reply #36 on: Sep 18, 2006, 01:20 AM »

* Bittersweet hasn't prayed in a long long while...

* Bittersweet drops to her knees

Hm... I pray, but I haven't prayed on my knees in a while... perhaps I should try that tonight... :)

"My desire for companionship outweighs my disgust for picking up [poop]."
        ~a comedian on the radio
ArkhamRose
Fleet Officer

« Reply #37 on: Sep 25, 2006, 10:37 PM »

Okay, I'm not too proud to ask for myself.  Please pray for me (and that of the hubby and kiddo who'll have to live with me) over the next couple of weeks as I have to quit smoking.  I didn't say wanted to.  I said have to. 

My quit date is tomorrow, and I'm going cold turkey -- as that's the only way to get rid of the nicotine in my body that I'm addicted to and 'end the madness'. 

I'm starting tomorrow cause today is already wasted, and I'm trying to psyche myself up for it. 

Whoo.

Ďa! Ďa! Cthulhu Fhtagn!
Bittersweet
Senior Officer

« Reply #38 on: Sep 25, 2006, 10:58 PM »

Rosie,
I'll be pulling for ye. It's a hard hard thing to quit smoking, but it'll be SO worth it!! All my energy is coming your way, hon!

Sixinchheels says, "when you're behind like that, about your only option is the go for the holes and hope"

Dotte flag officer chats, "you mean the belaying pin? i have my own opinion on what it looks like, but sure, turkey baster works."
Matahari

« Reply #39 on: Sep 30, 2006, 10:05 PM »

Rose! I'm late but you can do it!! I know others who have done it. Good luck!!

"My desire for companionship outweighs my disgust for picking up [poop]."
        ~a comedian on the radio
Evbev
Cabin Person

« Reply #40 on: Sep 30, 2006, 11:56 PM »

i know its hard my father tried to quit but he cant we all beg him to but he just cant so if anything helps you please tell me so i can help my father and mother stop

After a long while of not bieng on YPP i returned
the only reason i returned is because of the flags homeyness
i couldnt find another game that had a great flag that was like a family!
Just ought to let you know that you guys are the best!
ArkhamRose
Fleet Officer

« Reply #41 on: Oct 01, 2006, 07:25 AM »

Deadlypinces,
I sent you a huge PM, but I'll sum it up here:  The thing that's working for me is simply not lighting another one up.

That, and all the good thoughts and encouragement I've been getting from others in the flag.  That helps emensely too! 

{{{{{{{huggles for the flagmates}}}}}}}}}}}

Ďa! Ďa! Cthulhu Fhtagn!
Malore
Visitor

« Reply #42 on: Oct 01, 2006, 07:26 AM »

I have to say good luck to you Rose.. It will be worth it in the end. *hugs*

My mother was told that she had to quit a good few years ago, unfortunatly she never did. :( She has to go into hospital to have an operation next week, She has Carpel Tunnel syndrome in both her hands. She also has Pneumonia, and is prone to Thrombosis.   She takes blood thinning drugs and will be on them for the rest of her life, (and at the rate she is going there won't be much of that left). She is 52 and all her aliments are attributed to smoking.
Please pray for my family this week, I have my mother going into hospital as I mentioned above, but also my only survivng grandparent who also has to have an operation. (another one)

Malore! take away the A L and you have MORE!!
(I'm thanking Millie for that quote!)
Bring the Pain!
Maripanda says, "trouble with a bar at the top of the house is all the stairs you have to fall down to get to the garden!"
</3 TV
Bittersweet
Senior Officer

« Reply #43 on: Oct 02, 2006, 12:21 AM »

I feel for ye Malore, having lost multiple family members to smoking-related illnesses (including my mother). Do your best to give her your love at this very trying time.

Rosie - I know it's hard, do your best, love!!!

Mistymate
Administrator

« Reply #44 on: Oct 03, 2006, 03:35 PM »

Okay, I know that on the cosmic level this is sorta silly/petty, but...

Last night I came home to find my kitty pretty sick.  He spent the night in the pet ER and is at his regular vet today.  His white blood cell count was fairly low and some of his other mineral levels were off, suggesting something going on (feline leukemia, cancer, cancer-type leukemia...)

I'm pretty stressed out about it on top of the stress that already had me dangling.  Even moreso because I'm worried about the cost of treating/caring for him, losing him, having to maybe make that looming decision, etc.  He's really my closest "buddy" here in Texas, so, yeah.  I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed today.

Thanks and I return you to your regular broadcasting.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »