Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Jun 18, 2019, 11:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Please make sure your e-mail address is up to date. You will lose access to some of your groups if you have an e-mail address that creates server bounces.
* Home Help Login Register
+  Crimson Tide Board
|-+  General Area
| |-+  Forum Discussion (Moderator: Rome)
| | |-+  SMF Discussion
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Down Reply bookmerk Print
Author Topic: SMF Discussion  (Read 7120 times)
Misery
Senior Officer

« on: Nov 16, 2005, 08:05 PM »

Please use this thread to ask us any questions you have, or to discuss or suggest anything you feel needs work or is missing.  Please remember to be polite!

I'm not dead.  Yet.
:ahoy:
Hogus
Senior Officer

« Reply #1 on: Nov 16, 2005, 08:24 PM »

Everytime I close the window, it logs me out.  Is this because my browser sucks, or are you still fixing?  The old forum worked fine.

~ Hogus
~ PotD Tart, The Lovable Rascal, etc..

we've got to keep our little clique clicking at 130bmp!!
Mars
Visitor

« Reply #2 on: Nov 16, 2005, 08:25 PM »

Make sure session length = forever

Hogus
Senior Officer

« Reply #3 on: Nov 16, 2005, 08:30 PM »

Yeah, it is.

~ Hogus
~ PotD Tart, The Lovable Rascal, etc..

we've got to keep our little clique clicking at 130bmp!!
BlondieLass
Senior Officer

« Reply #4 on: Nov 16, 2005, 08:41 PM »

Everytime I close the window, it logs me out.  Is this because my browser sucks, or are you still fixing?  The old forum worked fine.

Happens to me too.

BlondieLass - Space Pirate. Legends Space Pirate.

Andyp says, "yeah if i wasnt in this crew, id make one where everyone wears black, has shoppes and ships, and lots of poe"
Andyp says, "wait...."

Andyp says, "fun > poe"

Blondatars! Yay!
Mars
Visitor

« Reply #5 on: Nov 16, 2005, 08:44 PM »

Hmmm. Try manually logging out then back in.

majestrate
Senior Officers

« Reply #6 on: Nov 16, 2005, 08:48 PM »

k, i haven't tried closing and coming back in ... but i had windows save my username password.

anyway ... mis, mars, awesome work!  have played around a little bit, and yeah, it'll take some getting used to, but it looks clean and smooth, not clunky.  colors rock.  love the new forums engine thusfar.  if for no other reason then we can have nested forums.

you two rock *nods*

ohhhh, and you get warned that there was a reply while you were typing yours ... yay!  gone are the days of sniping maybe.

Edit: Okay, I just closed and reopened by browser.  I'm not having an issue with being remembered.  :-P  ... Mebbe it's an age thing.  Damn young'ns
« Last Edit: Nov 16, 2005, 08:56 PM by majestrate » Logged
Jenera
Fleet Officer

« Reply #7 on: Nov 16, 2005, 08:55 PM »

Very pretty! :)  I have an issue with how long it takes to load all those buttons above the edit box here, but that's a personal preference -- I hate load times.

One request -- can you make the logo at the top be a link to the top level of the forum?  I loved that functionality on the old forum. :)  Thanks!

Jenera
Pirates of the Damned

I know echidnas, and you, lady, are no echidna!
BlondieLass
Senior Officer

« Reply #8 on: Nov 16, 2005, 08:59 PM »

One request -- can you make the logo at the top be a link to the top level of the forum?  I loved that functionality on the old forum. :)  Thanks!

Wow, that was fast...

BlondieLass - Space Pirate. Legends Space Pirate.

Andyp says, "yeah if i wasnt in this crew, id make one where everyone wears black, has shoppes and ships, and lots of poe"
Andyp says, "wait...."

Andyp says, "fun > poe"

Blondatars! Yay!
Misery
Senior Officer

« Reply #9 on: Nov 16, 2005, 08:59 PM »

Done!

Wow, that was fast...

Mars is working on the cookie issue as we speak, that may take a bit more time.
« Last Edit: Nov 16, 2005, 09:01 PM by Misery » Logged

I'm not dead.  Yet.
Fannon
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: Nov 16, 2005, 09:11 PM »

I am not seeing threads as unread when I go into a forum that is showing as unread. That is, I'm not seeing any unread icons inside the forums, only on the main index page.

edit: New post icons! That's what they're called. The ones that are crimsony and such. *nods*.

Shuranthae says, "I swear, if only there were the crew title "Slave Driver."

Shuranthae says, "Yeah, that's what I'd expect from a Wynd. Our bloodthirstyness is only matched by our laziness and lack of enthusiasm.
Mars
Visitor

« Reply #11 on: Nov 16, 2005, 09:15 PM »

I am not seeing threads as unread when I go into a forum that is showing as unread. That is, I'm not seeing any unread icons inside the forums, only on the main index page.

edit: New post icons! That's what they're called. The ones that are crimsony and such. *nods*.

Well, the image isn't supposed to change. Look for an image that says "New" at the end of the subject of the thread.

Fannon
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: Nov 16, 2005, 09:27 PM »

I really thought the bandana color changed on threads like it does on the forums to indicate new posts.

Shuranthae says, "I swear, if only there were the crew title "Slave Driver."

Shuranthae says, "Yeah, that's what I'd expect from a Wynd. Our bloodthirstyness is only matched by our laziness and lack of enthusiasm.
Mars
Visitor

« Reply #13 on: Nov 16, 2005, 09:30 PM »

I really thought the bandana color changed on threads like it does on the forums to indicate new posts.

It used to on the old forums. It's different, now. I asked misery the same question, believe me =D

Misery
Senior Officer

« Reply #14 on: Nov 16, 2005, 09:36 PM »

Just play with the pretty Go Up and Go Down buttons like I do, it's a great distraction!

I'm not dead.  Yet.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Up Reply Print 
« previous next »