Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Mar 23, 2019, 04:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Don't forget to sign up with your pirate name so we know who you are!  If we can't figure out who you are, your account will be deleted.
* Home Help Login Register
+  Crimson Tide Board
|-+  General Area
| |-+  Forum Discussion (Moderator: Rome)
| | |-+  SMF Discussion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Reply bookmerk Print
Author Topic: SMF Discussion  (Read 6838 times)
Hogus
Senior Officer

« Reply #30 on: Nov 17, 2005, 03:04 AM »

I also demand the word "sticky" in front of all the threads that are stickies.

~ Hogus
~ PotD Tart, The Lovable Rascal, etc..

we've got to keep our little clique clicking at 130bmp!!
majestrate
Senior Officers

« Reply #31 on: Nov 17, 2005, 03:47 AM »

*snickers* ... hogie said sticky.
Misery
Senior Officer

« Reply #32 on: Nov 17, 2005, 04:12 AM »

The pattern in the background irritates me... Not that I have any say, but I kinda hope you're coming up with something prettier looking.

I also give my praise for that awsome fancy writing stuff that you do with the logo, and I envy you for even being able to draw a decent curve in (photoshop, I'm guessing>)

Background most likely will not be changed, and it's nothing against you, it's just a choice between that (which is tame compared to our old background that made everyone dizzy) and a plain colour which is too boring IMO.  As for the header, thank you, it was just some font work and gradients/layer styles.

Because looking for the sticky blob on the skull is too hard? :lol:

I'm not dead.  Yet.
:ahoy:
majestrate
Senior Officers

« Reply #33 on: Nov 17, 2005, 04:22 AM »

Background most likely will not be changed, and it's nothing against you, it's just a choice between that (which is tame compared to our old background that made everyone dizzy) and a plain colour which is too boring IMO.

I agree with that as well.  And I'm glad that I'm not the only one that had a hard time focusing with the red background.  I like the grey background, it's subtle and doesn't detract from the content.  :-P
Featherfin
Senior Officer

« Reply #34 on: Nov 17, 2005, 05:40 AM »

I like these a lot. They load better on widescreens, too. :)
Angie
Senior Officer

« Reply #35 on: Nov 17, 2005, 07:49 AM »

is there any way to get your pms to display one-at-a-time? most of mine are totally unrelated and seeing a PM from Rome talking about dye then one from Lisi talking about something else and a third from Frenchfrog about something even totally different seems bit confusing and distracting...

- Angie, Captain of the Cookie Pirates

Making the world a purpler place since September, 2003!
Misery
Senior Officer

« Reply #36 on: Nov 17, 2005, 08:04 AM »

Aww.. I like that they're like a thread, I can read a bunch at once.  I'll see if Mars can do something about it though, maybe a setting so people who like it this way can keep it if they want.

I'm not dead.  Yet.
BlondieLass
Senior Officer

« Reply #37 on: Nov 17, 2005, 11:10 AM »

It's sort of easier to notice, the stickied thread titles are indented a little. And like Fannon, I prefered the little red bandanas too. *cough*

But besides that it's great! :D

BlondieLass - Space Pirate. Legends Space Pirate.

Andyp says, "yeah if i wasnt in this crew, id make one where everyone wears black, has shoppes and ships, and lots of poe"
Andyp says, "wait...."

Andyp says, "fun > poe"

Blondatars! Yay!
Michelob
Senior Officer

« Reply #38 on: Nov 17, 2005, 11:30 AM »

Aww, there's no Announcement / Stickier-Than-Sticky button.

(And why is it that every time I see the abbreviation SMF, I'm thinking, "So is that Single Married Female, Single Male Female, what??"  Oh wait, maybe it's "Super Marsery Forum")

Seriously, this new forum software/layout rocks!  Although, I think the biggest thing I'm having to get used to is that suddenly the year portion of the time stamps is becoming significant.  I'm like, hey look, there's a post from November 19th -- it must be new.  Oh wait, today's only the 17th, and that one's from 2004.  I think this* is the fourth CT forum of my 'lifetime', and I'm pretty sure it's the first one to last much more than six months, let alone a full year.  Yay for continuity.  Yay for Marsery! :D

*To clarify, I'm only counting when we had to start over from scratch, with all previous data lost.  Which sucked.  So, although in the last year we have changed our domain name, then our host, and now our software and look-and-feel, it's still the same forum at heart.  Arrr.

*hic* Hide the rum!  The boozer's back in town!

Hogus
Senior Officer

« Reply #39 on: Nov 17, 2005, 01:13 PM »

...Yup.  >.>

I think it's just habit.  On the front page thing where it says so-and-so posted, and I go, "ooh, I could get me some of that," I click on the subforum.  Then I immediately look down the ride side to see where they posted.  But it's never the top few, because those are always the stickied ones, and I go, "WHAT THE SCRUPPERING heck??!" and throw my pop at the computer in anguish.

It would just be spiffy if you could make the stickied threads a bit more obvious or something.

~ Hogus

Muroni
Senior Officer

« Reply #40 on: Nov 17, 2005, 02:41 PM »

If you click the Mark As Read button on the front page it will mark every thread as read so when you log on next time, only the threads you haven't read with new posts will light up.
Ok, I was expecting to find this at the top left, where I found the "View all New Posts" and the "View unanswered posts". 

For those looking for it, however, the "Mark as Read" is at the bottom right corner.  I clicked it, and it did work to get rid of all those "New" picture/icons so I'm back up to date (and glad I read, I almost dedicated myself to a few hours of clicking them so they'd all show as read, LOL).  I think that means I'm pretty much squared away now then.

The Vampire Muroni :muroni:
Anonymous: all sneaking around and such
Anonymous: made it taste better?
Anonymous: like some stuff tastes better when you are sneaky
Mars
Visitor

« Reply #41 on: Nov 17, 2005, 05:14 PM »

It would just be spiffy if you could make the stickied threads a bit more obvious or something.

I'm working on this right now.

Mars
Visitor

« Reply #42 on: Nov 17, 2005, 06:31 PM »

Ok - This update has been uploaded and is now live.

Hogus
Senior Officer

« Reply #43 on: Nov 17, 2005, 06:43 PM »

Weeee, thanks Mars. :)

edit: Not sure how that apostrophe snuck in.

~ Hogus

Misery
Senior Officer

« Reply #44 on: Nov 17, 2005, 09:50 PM »

Sorely tempted to make Hogus' display name read "Hogu's".

I'm not dead.  Yet.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Reply Print 
« previous next »