Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Mar 26, 2019, 06:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Please make sure your e-mail address is up to date. You will lose access to some of your groups if you have an e-mail address that creates server bounces.
* Home Help Login Register
+  Crimson Tide Board
|-+  General Area
| |-+  Forum Discussion (Moderator: Rome)
| | |-+  Forum Group Requests
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Reply bookmerk Print
Author Topic: Forum Group Requests  (Read 2593 times)
Mars
Visitor

« on: Jan 02, 2006, 06:40 PM »

Post here with the group you wish to be added to.

This is only temporary until I finish coding the forum module that allows this to be automated like phpBB.
« Last Edit: Aug 04, 2007, 07:12 PM by Fannon » Logged

Misery
Senior Officer

« Reply #1 on: Mar 08, 2006, 06:34 PM »

For future reference:  If you've got an alt in another crew, we need that crew's approval to add you to their group.  Thanks! =)

I'm not dead.  Yet.
:ahoy:
Rome
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: Jul 29, 2006, 06:36 AM »

Added q=

All right, mods, you should now be able to add members to the groups you moderate.  Just click "groups" at the top and go from there.   Let me know if anything isn't working.

Please contact the head of your group to be added to forums from this point forward.  If you're looking to join a crew forum, it is your captain.

For now promotions are handled the old fashioned way in the other forum.

"It will always happen that he who is not your ally will urge neturality upon you, while he who is your ally will urge you to take sides."
Rome
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: Aug 03, 2006, 07:57 PM »

Aye, we won't be adding anyone to crew groups anymore, that's 100% the captain/mod's discretion/job.  I will make sure to add to the officer group though.

"It will always happen that he who is not your ally will urge neturality upon you, while he who is your ally will urge you to take sides."
Fannon
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: Nov 15, 2006, 04:11 AM »

We've tweaked some of the board settings. It should not affect many accesses, but if for some reason you suddenly find yourself without access to a board you think you should, please send me a PM, and I'll check into it for you. Thanks! :)
« Last Edit: Nov 15, 2006, 05:07 AM by Fannon » Logged

Shuranthae says, "I swear, if only there were the crew title "Slave Driver."

Shuranthae says, "Yeah, that's what I'd expect from a Wynd. Our bloodthirstyness is only matched by our laziness and lack of enthusiasm.
Rome
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: Dec 14, 2006, 04:30 AM »

andddddd the group thing does not work (despite clearly stating it works) with 1.1 so we're gonna have to go back to the old way for a while )=

Rome
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2007, 05:34 AM »

And it works again.  So while the admins are really good about making sure people are in the right groups, it is your captain/group moderator's  responsibility to make sure you're added to the boards you want to access

Here is how this works, for the group moderators.

If you are a moderator of the board you are currently viewing, you should see a "groups" button at the top (you won't see it otherwise.  Sorry this is the only way we could get rid of the button for people who weren't moderating anything at all, which was requested several times when the mod was working before).  If you click it, and you're a group moderator, you can add or remove people from the group.    You may not be a group moderator.  Group Moderators and board moderators are not the same thing.  I know, it's uncessarily complex.  Captains, if for some reason you are not your group moderator, please PM me.  If you have other people who you wish to add and remove people from your group as well, you may also PM me. 

Perhaps an ambitious administrator will go and add all board moderators into the group moderator section and this won't be a problem.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 10:24 AM by Rome » Logged

Pages: [1] Go Up Reply Print 
« previous next »