Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Jan 17, 2019, 01:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Please make sure your e-mail address is up to date. You will lose access to some of your groups if you have an e-mail address that creates server bounces.
* Home Help Login Register
+  Crimson Tide Board
|-+  General Area
| |-+  Tips & Tricks (Moderator: Mistymate)
| | |-+  Might rings and battle rank
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Might rings and battle rank  (Read 1589 times)
Anonymous
« on: Nov 19, 2004, 08:14 AM »

I keep running into people who have no idea that the might rings (the coloured circles around ships at sea) are only one part of the sea battle rating. The other is the rank, which is shown directly below the crew name. (For those of you in the know, please ignore this.)

Rank (in order of ferocity)
Sailors
Mostly Harmless
Scurvy Dogs
Scoundrels
Blaggards
Dread Pirates
Sea Lords
Imperial

Might Rings (in order of difficulty)
Blue
Green
Yellow
Orange
Red

Quote from: Misery
To add to Lilly's post (and to in no way discredit the information that she has given) I'm going to add all the colours on the following spectrum:

This image was taken from the sea battle section of Y!PP help, just click on Ye, Help, and then the Sea Battle link in the documents.

Please keep in mind that while blue is listed as easy, it is listed as such not so that you attack weaker prey.  Attacking a blue ship can bring the wrath of the black ship upon ye.
Calais
Visitor

« Reply #1 on: Nov 22, 2004, 08:39 AM »

Just a side note but if you are ever up in ruby and you can't tell if that merchant brig is orange or red just stay away cause that means it's probably red and will pound you into the ground or should i say ocean. I complain to the devs every patch to fix it so that i can tell the difference between going to kill me red and possiblility to beat orange.

Just my two bits.

-Calais
Shuranthae
Super Sleuth

« Reply #2 on: Nov 30, 2004, 03:22 AM »

Actually Calais, this is only a problem to some of us.  I can't tell a low red from a high orange, but it must have something to do with how my computer displays colors as other people can tell what's orange or red.  When in doubt, you can usually check the Radar to tell the difference.  Or at least I can.

Also, Greens aren't technically Even.  I think they're supposed to mean small challenge or something.  Usually if you PvP a Green ship, you'll be Teal or Blue to them.
Buri
Visitor

« Reply #3 on: Dec 01, 2004, 07:54 PM »

If they engage you, they are probably high-orange. Whether they decide to chainsaw you or not is a completely different story, however.
Lodestar
Officer

« Reply #4 on: Jan 04, 2006, 04:54 PM »

Colors are also liable to change slightly as people leave or hop on ship.

That which does not kill you, only makes you stronger.
Grimnez
Officer

« Reply #5 on: Apr 24, 2006, 10:36 AM »

Oh, and a tip,
If your on a navy vessel training, Never attack a Brigand (RED) War Frig with only your 4 bots.
I tried that and got STEAMROLLERED.

:skull:Grimnez:skull:
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »