Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Jun 18, 2019, 11:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Please make sure your e-mail address is up to date. You will lose access to some of your groups if you have an e-mail address that creates server bounces.
* Home Help Login Register
+  Crimson Tide Board
|-+  Flag Area
| |-+  Events (Moderator: Confess)
| | |-+  Crimson Tide-aments!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 37 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Crimson Tide-aments!  (Read 29022 times)
Fannon
Administrator

« on: May 21, 2006, 08:06 PM »

The Tide-aments are currently hosted by Confess. SF! Rumble! Drinks! TD! And as if that wasn't enough, jokes!
Start time is 6:30pm game time, Sunday evenings at the Mad Titan Inn on Xi.

The Tide-aments are now hosted by Yearbook!
The schedule rotates, so look to the end of this thread for the next one!

They're back! The Tide-aments are now hosted by Arkhamrose! Come play!

New Time: Friday nights at 5pm game time! 8pm eastern, 1am GMT.
There are now four tournaments weekly: SF, Drinking, TH, and Rumble! Come win a shiny medal and bragging rights!

For the months of October, November and December, every Tide-ament tourney you join earns you a free "ticket" into a raffle. After the tourneys on December 17, I'll pull a ticket, and the winner gets a free sloop! The more tournaments you join, the more chances to win a sloop!

When: Every Sunday at 11am game time, 2pm eastern, 7pm GMT
Where: The Mad Titan inn, on lovely Xi island!
What: Two local tournaments, one swordfight, one drinking. The specifics of each tournament will be random and up to the whims of the person setting them (myself or Blondielass). Each tourney will have a 5k pot and no entry fee.

In addition, the flagmate who fares the best will win a lovely hat for their wearing pleasure during the following week. This hat will be most beautiful, and they will be expected to wear it with pride. Hats will be returned the following Sunday, unless of course a winner successfully defends their prize!

We would like to encourage everyone to come out and play each week. Attendance is not mandatory, but encouraged. We'd also like to encourage mates to hang out in the inn while the tournies are going and meet their flagmates, and cheer on their favorites! This is intended to be a fun event. Mates outside the flag are of course encouraged, but only CT mates can win a lovely hat to display during the week!

If you have any questions, feel free to post here, or to contact myself or Blondielass. We'll post the winners of the hat each week so that you can hunt them down and make sure they're wearing them!

As of 2012:
When: Sundays, 6:30pm game time, 9:30pm eastern, which is some time GMT
Where: Mad Titan Inn on Xi
What: Four local tournaments: swordfight, drinking, rumble, and TD. The specifics of each tournament will be random and up to the whims of the person setting them (currently Confess). Each tourney will have a 5k pot and no entry fee.

Fine print: This event was shamelessly stolen, with permission, from Ms. Crystal Claws of Looterati. She fully endorses this event!

EDIT: "end" and "inn" are, most unfortunately, not the same words.
« Last Edit: Dec 03, 2012, 02:08 AM by Mistymate » Logged

Shuranthae says, "I swear, if only there were the crew title "Slave Driver."

Shuranthae says, "Yeah, that's what I'd expect from a Wynd. Our bloodthirstyness is only matched by our laziness and lack of enthusiasm.
Millie
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006, 08:21 PM »

This sounds great, Fannon!  Looking forward to it!  If you need contributions for the prizes, I'll put up 10k for one of the days.  :D
Lodestar
Officer

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 03:38 AM »

Sounds fabo..who can resist a lovely hat! Very interesting and definitely hope to be there. :)

That which does not kill you, only makes you stronger.
Grimes
Senior Officer

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 03:57 AM »

Great idea. I'll beat everyone with a stick.

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -Churchill
Tootles
Visitor

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 08:55 AM »

Great idea see you there  :lol:

plz say hi i dont bite
diana
Captain

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2006, 01:37 AM »

This flag rocks!  Sounds like oodles of fun ya'll!      :smooch:
Fannon
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2006, 12:40 AM »

Bump to remind everyone! If you can't make it tomorrow, never fear! We hope to continue this every Sunday for quite some time and start a tradition. :D

Shuranthae says, "Yeah, that's what I'd expect from a Wynd. Our bloodthirstyness is only matched by our laziness and lack of enthusiasm.
Fannon
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2006, 04:59 PM »

This week's Tide-ament was sponsored by the lovely Blondielass.

Millie beat out Orionis in the semis of the SF tourney to take home the hat before losing to Junglegeorge, one of our Carpe Noctem allies in the finals. Yay Millie!

Diana beat out Vega in the finals of the drinky tournament to take home some lovely headware! Go Diana!

In total, we had approximately 15 flagmates show up. 9 CT mates joined each of the tournies.

Find Millie and Diana in-game to show off their hats!

Hope to see you all next week!

Boxcutter
Senior Officer

« Reply #8 on: Jun 01, 2006, 08:40 PM »

one day...  i will wear this hat...  oh yes.

Chivalry's dead, sugar.
Fannon
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: Jun 04, 2006, 04:57 PM »

Another great showing this week, especially considering we had to compete against a blockade! Millie, the most lovely, delicious Millie, is this week's fantabulous sponsor.

In the SF, Majestrate trounced me to win the first male Tide-a-Hat! Don't get used to beating me Majjy! ;)

Tootles drank Andyp under the table in the Drinky Tourney to win herself a Hat!

Way to go mates! See you all same time next week!

majestrate
Senior Officers

« Reply #10 on: Jun 04, 2006, 05:29 PM »

:-)

It was a great time, both the tournies and just hanging out in the Inn and docktarting.  Malore and Blassy are actually really nice, seeing that they put up with so much from me   :-D

Looking forward to defending next week!
BlondieLass
Senior Officer

« Reply #11 on: Jun 04, 2006, 06:15 PM »

You got lucky. I couldn't find my axe.

BlondieLass - Space Pirate. Legends Space Pirate.

Andyp says, "yeah if i wasnt in this crew, id make one where everyone wears black, has shoppes and ships, and lots of poe"
Andyp says, "wait...."

Andyp says, "fun > poe"

Blondatars! Yay!
majestrate
Senior Officers

« Reply #12 on: Jun 05, 2006, 12:37 AM »

I didn't get lucky.  I think that's tomorrow night.  :-P
Tootles
Visitor

« Reply #13 on: Jun 05, 2006, 10:15 AM »

Had a gr8 time thx fannon and thx millie for sponsoring the tourneys, think i only beat andy as he had a head start with the drinking lol, see you all next week :)

plz say hi i dont bite
Fannon
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: Jun 11, 2006, 04:33 PM »

Majestrate the Marvelous masterminded the means for making the tournies this week!

Cahrin the Cute carefully constructed a catastrophic conclusion to my run for a Tide-a-hat in the swordfight!

Dotte the Delightful daringly drunk me under the table to discontinue my second attempt at a Tide-a-hat!

Yay Cahrin! Yay Dotte!

See you all next week as I try to avoid advancing my anemic attempts at alliteration!

P.S. Majestrate- you owe me a hat!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 37 Go Up Print 
« previous next »