Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Jan 17, 2019, 01:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Don't forget to sign up with your pirate name so we know who you are!  If we can't figure out who you are, your account will be deleted.
* Home Help Login Register
+  Crimson Tide Board
|-+  Friends and Allies Area
| |-+  Pirates in Prayer (Moderators: NutMeg, Michelob, Matahari)
| | |-+  Prayer Request UPDATES
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prayer Request UPDATES  (Read 6020 times)
NutMeg

« on: Jun 28, 2006, 01:04 AM »

Hi Folks!

Just a friendly request from one of the silly mods of this board/section.  Please use this thread to update us on your prayer requests.  For example, if you requested prayer for Jane Doe's surgery, please use this thread to update us of Jane's condition. 

This will also help us keep the prayer list current.  I would like to make a "one-stop-shopping" list at some point where we can keep the prayer list current and up to date--and you won't have to go all the way through the thread to find individual requests if you are on your way to your own RL prayer meeting, etc.  We will most certainly leave your original request up (as long as it is current) so people can find additional background information, so have no fear of that.  I just want to make it easier for someone trying to scan the list quickly for people to remember in prayer.

His Peace,
Meghan<><

~Nutmeg

Author of the inappropriate, yet wildly popular "Blondie-atar Wanted" thread.  Thanks for the Blondie-atar!

ArkhamRose
Fleet Officer

« Reply #1 on: Jun 29, 2006, 01:52 PM »

Thought I should keep you all informed,  that the doctor said this morning that my mother is doing much better.  There's still some lab work they need to look over, but so far she's okay.  She was even in good spirits today - giggled all the way through the appointment, my sister said!   So that's very good news indeed.

Thank you all so much for keeping her in your thoughts and prayers.  And thank you, Silverflames, for putting in a request for me, my family, and most especially my mother.

*huggles to you all*

~Rosie

Ďa! Ďa! Cthulhu Fhtagn!
Bittersweet
Senior Officer

« Reply #2 on: Jun 29, 2006, 10:50 PM »

{{{{Rosie and Rosie's family}}}}}

Sixinchheels says, "when you're behind like that, about your only option is the go for the holes and hope"

Dotte flag officer chats, "you mean the belaying pin? i have my own opinion on what it looks like, but sure, turkey baster works."
Bittersweet
Senior Officer

« Reply #3 on: Jul 01, 2006, 01:54 PM »

Update for my friend Carla, unfortunately not good news. After a series of tests they still don't know what is going on with her. They had suspected a myopathy of some sort but the blood tests say no. She had to put down her cat, unfortunately it was her other cat and not the one with mouth cancer. Thanks for your continued prayers for this family.

Sixinchheels says, "when you're behind like that, about your only option is the go for the holes and hope"

Dotte flag officer chats, "you mean the belaying pin? i have my own opinion on what it looks like, but sure, turkey baster works."
Silverflames
Senior Officer

« Reply #4 on: Jul 03, 2006, 06:51 PM »

Update on me.  As many of you know, I am pregnant.  By dint of being diabetic, it's automatically what is considered 'high-risk'.   So far Morning-sickness hasn't been a problem, but yesterday I think I ran smack into something else that's related.  I got a whiff of some cigarette smoke, and it made me sick.  And dizzy.  And it just proceeded to help my asthma make me feel like I had an angry elephant sitting on my chest.  So keep me in your prayers, because I can tell that this is going to be an interesting seven months to come.

SilverFlames

SilverFlames - What More Could You Want?
Muroni
Senior Officer

« Reply #5 on: Jul 03, 2006, 08:23 PM »

I was a smoker, who quit when I found out I was preggo for my first.  And yes, smelling smoke made me Ill.  I didn't have a huge problem with morning sickness through either of my pregnancies, but smoke and coffee really got to me bad.  I usually at small pieces of a bagel (nibbling so it took an hour to consume one bagel) to help keep my tummy tamed since I was still in the army then and everybody smoked and drank coffee.  As a diabetic, I know you have to be careful of breads, though.  Ask your doctor for recommendations.

The Vampire Muroni :muroni:
Anonymous: all sneaking around and such
Anonymous: made it taste better?
Anonymous: like some stuff tastes better when you are sneaky
Silverflames
Senior Officer

« Reply #6 on: Jul 03, 2006, 11:11 PM »

Oh, believe me, doc's gonna get grilled come Thursday.  I already know she's gonna have me seeing an obstetrician who is good with high risk pregnancies.  Thankfully, *I* don't smoke, and pipe smoke from my hubbin's pipe doesn't seem to make me feel like I'm going to vomit, fall over, and expire from lack of air.  I fervently hope that I can avoid most cigarette smoke in the next seven months if it does that to me every time. 

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ yous guys }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

SilverFlames

SilverFlames - What More Could You Want?
Boxcutter
Senior Officer

« Reply #7 on: Jul 09, 2006, 01:20 AM »

I know this is kind of informal, but there has been so much information coming in about Josh (the one who got hit by a bus in London), that my fiance has made a blog of the updates on his My Space account: http://www.myspace.com/sofa0ne

You can read about it there if you are interested in hearing what has been going on.  Plus a lot of thanks for the prayers and good thoughts from Josh's family.

Chivalry's dead, sugar.
Bittersweet
Senior Officer

« Reply #8 on: Jul 09, 2006, 02:45 AM »

My Space account: http://www.myspace.com/sofa0ne

This specific blog entry you're trying to read is currently set to be viewable to the blog owner friends only. My best to Josh and his family.

Matahari

« Reply #9 on: Jul 12, 2006, 08:47 PM »

hey! everything went well with Kelly (my dog) today. his paw is lumpless and his teeth are clean. no extractions were necessary, which is pretty impressive for an 11 year old dog who's never had a teeth cleaning. Two of the growths we had found before turned out to be -in fact- fatty balls. The vet found a third one this morning, when I dropped him off. That third one is on the shoulder and is a mass of red blood cells and... something else. Lympho-something or other. He's going to check in out in two weeks. It came about rather quickly, so he's hoping it goes away just as quick. So anyhow, that's the update on Kelly! Thanks for the good thoughts everybody!
~kel  er... kelsey :-)

"My desire for companionship outweighs my disgust for picking up [poop]."
        ~a comedian on the radio
NutMeg

« Reply #10 on: Jul 12, 2006, 11:40 PM »

Update on friend Wes...

Job Front:  He's been going on TONS of interviews in his field and new openings seem to fall in his lap everyday.  Praise God that he finds a position soon.

Uncle Front:  BAD news today.  Wes's Uncle James has been battling colon cancer since November.   Today Wes got word that James's colon has completely shut down and it is just a matter of time.  I haven't talked to Wes about it yet, but the message he left was very sad.  Please continue to be in prayer for Wes and James and the family as they prepare for James's earthly life to end. 

Below line edit August 1, 2006:

Update again on friend Wes.

Praise:  Wes found his dream job at a dream school on the beach (yes, I'm a teeeny bit jealous he gets to still live and work within blocks of the beach).  He is now a World History teacher and varsity defensive and tight end coach at a high school near the beach.  The only way he could possibly be a better fit is if he was teaching US history...I'm so happy for him and very proud of him and thank everyone for their prayers for my friend during his time of transition and crisis.

Goodnews/badnews:  Wes's Uncle James's colon HAS completely shut down and James has decided after much prayer and deliberation, to discontinue active treatment for his cancer.  The good news is that he now has Home Hospice, the greatest benefit of which is that James now lives at home and is relatively pain-free.  He is able to enjoy his last days with his family without great suffering, and he was able to live to see his nephew get his dream job. James was planning on making the trip to Florida to see Wes coach his first Varsity Football game, but it was, unfortnately, decided that the stress of travel would take too much of a toll on him.

Thank you again for your prayers for my best friend...life hit him very hard over the last 6 -8 months and I was worried greatly for him and his faith.  I am so happy that he is now able to see that God was with him even on the worst days to help him understand how truly blessed and God-given the good days are.
« Last Edit: Aug 01, 2006, 02:52 PM by NutMeg » Logged

~Nutmeg

Author of the inappropriate, yet wildly popular "Blondie-atar Wanted" thread.  Thanks for the Blondie-atar!

Michelob

« Reply #11 on: Jul 31, 2006, 01:05 PM »

Update on Amy, the youth group leader with Stage 4 breast cancer...

She has decided on a course of action, and is going in for surgery this Wednesday (Aug 2).

*hic* Hide the rum!  The boozer's back in town!

Rebeviper
Visitor

« Reply #12 on: Jul 31, 2006, 05:54 PM »

Update on Amy, the youth group leader with Stage 4 breast cancer...

She has decided on a course of action, and is going in for surgery this Wednesday (Aug 2).

Send my regards.

And to the rest of the posts, hope all goes well for each of you.

You will all fall by my blade, one by one. . .
Bittersweet
Senior Officer

« Reply #13 on: Aug 16, 2006, 12:13 PM »

The doctors still don't have an idea what is going on with my friend. They are pretty sure it is dermatological as opposed to muscular. Last week she saw 30 (yes 30) doctors and they poked and prodded and shook their heads. She's on a course of treatment finally. She's upbeat and hopeful.

Thank for your prayers!

Latest update: October 8
My friend's doctors are still stumped. They think (as I've thought all along) that it might be stress related. Stress does some strange stuff to your body.
« Last Edit: Oct 08, 2006, 01:28 PM by Bittersweet » Logged

NutMeg

« Reply #14 on: Aug 21, 2006, 07:58 PM »

Update on my best friend's uncle:

Wes's Uncle James passed away Sunday morning, losing his battle with cancer.  Wes is doing okay, considering. 

Please keep James's family in your prayers.

~Nutmeg

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »