Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Jan 16, 2019, 02:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Don't forget to sign up with your pirate name so we know who you are!  If we can't figure out who you are, your account will be deleted.
* Home Help Login Register
+  Crimson Tide Board
|-+  Friends and Allies Area
| |-+  Pirates in Prayer (Moderators: NutMeg, Michelob, Matahari)
| | |-+  Prayer Request UPDATES
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prayer Request UPDATES  (Read 6016 times)
Mistymate
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: Oct 07, 2006, 05:59 PM »

It was a real long week, but things have turned out well.  Woody (my cat) spent much of the week in the hospital on IVs, but now he's back home and doing well.  Even his blood work came back clear Friday.  I'm doing better too, and looking forward to a better week next week.  Thanks for your prayers.
Kassia
Navy Admiral

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2007, 12:44 PM »

Thanks to everyone for their love, prayers, and best wishes recently.  It looks like there's nothing to worry about for now.  Thanks especially to Lazylubber for making a point of asking me how I was doing while I struggled to cope with the unknown.  You guys are the greatest!

Love,
Kassia
Tacita
Senior Officer

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2007, 10:19 PM »

Seems like this is the place to put it, so...

I mentioned a few days ago that my grandfather ws having some heath issues, that his heartbeat was a lot slower than what it should be.  Well, he went to the doctor today and all the tests (lungs, circulation, etc) turned out very, very well.  He doesn't have any heart blockages or anything either, so it's just an electrical issue with his heart.

That means that he's going to have to get a pacemaker.  He's meeting with the cardiologist on Thursday to schedule surgery for sometime next week. He's really upbeat and cheerful, though he had a lot of questions for my dad (who also has a pacemaker.  Hmmm..genetic?) and it seems like I'm more worried than he is, but I tend to be pretty anxious by nature.

So anyway, if y'all could keep praying for him I'd greatly appreciate it.  I don't think they'd do the surgery if he wasn't a good  candidate, but he is 86 years old and that's not young.  So.

Thanks!
Tass

Arkhamrose says, "Tass is used to our rowdiness ^_^  She lubs us anyway."
Tacita says, "I like the rowdiness or I wouldn't be here."
Tlia says, "You would have to"
Tacita says, "I live vicariously through the perviness of others."
Tacita
Senior Officer

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2007, 06:06 PM »

Thanks for your prayers, mates. ^_^  My dad just let me know the surgery went very well, and Grandpa's already awake, waiting for his lunch, and  teasing the nurses, which just goes to prove that he's finally back to being himself.  Which is a relief.  Talking to him on the phone this morning wasn't like talking to my grandpa at all...but they appear to have fixed that and quite successfully.

Yay! 

Tass

Bittersweet
Senior Officer

« Reply #19 on: Jul 22, 2007, 04:03 PM »

Thanks mates for your prayers and good thoughts.

My ex is home from the hospital and hopefully is on the right track. He's still on serious antibiotics (Clindamycin) which sounds like a joy. He's also on IV antibiotics (Cefatriaxone) that the nurse comes to give him once a week through a PICC line. He's on that for 6 weeks.

Keep your prayers coming. Although he's over the major hurdle, he's still in pretty serious condition.

Sixinchheels says, "when you're behind like that, about your only option is the go for the holes and hope"

Dotte flag officer chats, "you mean the belaying pin? i have my own opinion on what it looks like, but sure, turkey baster works."
Tacita
Senior Officer

« Reply #20 on: Jul 29, 2007, 05:06 AM »

*sighs*  I was hoping it wouldn't come to this, but my grandfather's pacemaker STILL isn't working properly, so he's going back for surgery #3 sometime in the next week or so.  He's talked to the doctor and is doing better mentally, but this isn't easy on him or my grandmother.  Especially since they're moving at the end of August from the home they've lived in for 45 years to an apartment complex for seniors.  Grandma's pretty much got a lot on her shoulders, having to take care of him and try to pack up their entire life to move to a smaller place.  Just major prayers that surgery #3 finally fixes this so he can heal and get back to normal.  None of us want to see a surgery #4, or whatever would happen if this next one doesn't work.

Lazylubber
Captain

« Reply #21 on: Aug 30, 2007, 10:22 PM »

You may remember back in June I mentioned that I was being considered as a bone marrow donor.  I recently got word that they will not, in fact, be using me as a donor at this time--I'm not close enough a match for the intended recipient.  Hopefully, they will be able to locate someone who is.

--LL

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.--H.L. Mencken
Bittersweet
Senior Officer

« Reply #22 on: Aug 31, 2007, 05:34 PM »

Update on the ex:
He's been on a PIC line and taking IV antibiotics from home for over six weeks. They are extending it another two and then seeing what that does. His CAT scan shows the abcess on his lung has completely disappeared, but the abcess on his liver remains although it is shrinking. His red and white blood counts are back in the normal range and he says he feels better but still feels a tightness when he takes a deep breath.

He can't go back to work and his family leave act time expired so now he is technically unemployed and therefore will likely lose his medical insurance since he won't be able to afford the COBRA payments. I'm hoping he will get approved for another disability insurance payment, because I'm tapped out and can't help any longer ($4k was all I could do, and at that now I'm challenged to pay MY bills).

Thanks for your continued prayers.

Sixinchheels says, "when you're behind like that, about your only option is the go for the holes and hope"

Dotte flag officer chats, "you mean the belaying pin? i have my own opinion on what it looks like, but sure, turkey baster works."
Tacita
Senior Officer

« Reply #23 on: Sep 01, 2007, 12:58 PM »

Update:

I don't even know where this came from, but...I just got a call from my parents that my grandma (the one in the hospital) had a massive heart attack overnight and there's nothing they can do.  I'm of course trying to get home but it'll be too late by the time I get there.  If you could pray for her and my family I would appreciate it. 

Thanks.
Tass

Lazylubber
Captain

« Reply #24 on: Sep 01, 2007, 03:47 PM »

Of course, Tass.  *hugs*

--LL

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.--H.L. Mencken
Tacita
Senior Officer

« Reply #25 on: Sep 01, 2007, 10:24 PM »

Just to update on my previous post from this morning, it turns out that it wasn't a heart attack, and that this very well may be...well I don't want to say a blessing, but...it's the merciful way out.  My grandma had leukemia, a highly treatable kind that she's had since I was 14 or so.  In the last two days, it morphed a bit and literally overnight the leukemia changed again, to the worst form, which is 100% untreatable and always terminal.  Sometimes, patients can live weeks or even months with this worst form, but it's not a good disease to suffer through.   I'm really upset, obviously, and it's been a huge shock for us all, since it was so sudden, but hopefully we'll all be able to take some comfort in the fact that she was spared the worst.

And thanks for the thoughts Lazy.
Tass

Bittersweet
Senior Officer

« Reply #26 on: Sep 02, 2007, 01:58 PM »

Tassi, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. Our hearts go out to you at this time. Letsrock wanted me to pass along a hug as well. So, BIG HUGS :huggles: from your friends here and much love to you and your family.

Tacita
Senior Officer

« Reply #27 on: Sep 06, 2007, 04:38 AM »

Just a little poke reminder kind of thing...my grandfather is having his 3rd pacemaker surgery tomorrow.  Please pray this actually fixes it and that all goes well, I really, really need both after last weekend.

Thanks.
Tass

Edit 9/6:  Grandma called and Grandpa came through okay.  The pacemaker was working when they closed him up, and I'm praying it stays that way.  I don't want him to have to go through this a fourth time.  -Tass
« Last Edit: Sep 06, 2007, 06:56 PM by Tacita » Logged

Lazylubber
Captain

« Reply #28 on: Sep 06, 2007, 07:57 PM »

*hugs* That's great news Tass  :D

--LL

Matahari

« Reply #29 on: Sep 24, 2007, 09:32 PM »

Follow up Dr. Appt is Thursday. I don't really know anything other than my results were 'abnormal' and I tested positive for some virus - dunno if it's permanent. Will know more Thursday!
~kel

"My desire for companionship outweighs my disgust for picking up [poop]."
        ~a comedian on the radio
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »