Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2019, 02:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Please make sure your e-mail address is up to date. You will lose access to some of your groups if you have an e-mail address that creates server bounces.
* Home Help Login Register
+  Crimson Tide Board
|-+  Friends and Allies Area
| |-+  Pirates in Prayer (Moderators: NutMeg, Michelob, Matahari)
| | |-+  Prayer Request UPDATES
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prayer Request UPDATES  (Read 6220 times)
Bittersweet
Senior Officer

« Reply #30 on: Sep 24, 2007, 10:03 PM »

Dad's still in the hospital waiting for his angiogram. He is being moved to a different hospital today because the original one isn't setup for the type of surgery he might need - apparently they didn't realize that on Friday or all weekend long.

He's supposed to do the angio procedure to install a stent tomorrow or maybe the next day. There doesn't seem to be a lot of urgency as far as the doctors are concerned even though he had a heart attack Thursday night after already undergoing two quadruple by-pass surgeries in the past. Ugghhh, hospitals and doctors - the longer they keep him, the more they can charge his insurance company!!

Sixinchheels says, "when you're behind like that, about your only option is the go for the holes and hope"

Dotte flag officer chats, "you mean the belaying pin? i have my own opinion on what it looks like, but sure, turkey baster works."
Matahari

« Reply #31 on: Sep 28, 2007, 09:25 AM »

UPDATED:

I had my appt finally on Tuesday. Had a biopsy. Ouch. Results will come back next week. Suspected level of abnormal cells is only 'mild' and if that's the case, no further medical procedures will be required at this time.
« Last Edit: Oct 12, 2007, 07:59 PM by Matahari » Logged

"My desire for companionship outweighs my disgust for picking up [poop]."
        ~a comedian on the radio
Bittersweet
Senior Officer

« Reply #32 on: Sep 28, 2007, 02:04 PM »

Dad had the angio and they installed the stent. He was supposed to come home on Thursday, but had to get a blood transfusion instead. Not getting much information from Vegas. Thanks for your support guys!

Sixinchheels says, "when you're behind like that, about your only option is the go for the holes and hope"

Dotte flag officer chats, "you mean the belaying pin? i have my own opinion on what it looks like, but sure, turkey baster works."
Tacita
Senior Officer

« Reply #33 on: Oct 12, 2007, 02:36 AM »

My grandpa had his first after surgery checkup today on his pacemaker, and it's finally working!  Yay!  I told Grandma I think he was just causing problems so he could give the nurses a hard time.  (Jokingly of course, my grandpa's awesome)

Tassi

Arkhamrose says, "Tass is used to our rowdiness ^_^  She lubs us anyway."
Tacita says, "I like the rowdiness or I wouldn't be here."
Tlia says, "You would have to"
Tacita says, "I live vicariously through the perviness of others."
Matahari

« Reply #34 on: Oct 17, 2007, 10:19 PM »

My biopsy came back negative!! I'm squeaky clean!!! :-)

~a comedian on the radio
ArkhamRose
Fleet Officer

« Reply #35 on: Oct 17, 2007, 10:21 PM »

Congrats Mata!

:huggles: :smooch:

Ďa! Ďa! Cthulhu Fhtagn!
Lazylubber
Captain

« Reply #36 on: Oct 18, 2007, 01:56 AM »

Yay Mata!  Congrats!

(However, I am mildly vexxed that you didn't call me to tell me yourself  ::tongue)

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.--H.L. Mencken
Matahari

« Reply #37 on: Oct 18, 2007, 09:46 PM »

Do you have any idea how many people I would have had to call to tell personally? And to top it off, I am swamped this week. As it was, I didn't even remember to email people on Tuesday. I realized Wednesday I hadn't done it yet!! You know I love you!!  ::love

~a comedian on the radio
Bittersweet
Senior Officer

« Reply #38 on: Oct 19, 2007, 12:25 AM »

MATA!!! Yay darlin!

Now everyone go out and get your pap or your "turn your head and cough" and your boobie smashes today for the year if you haven't done it yet.

Lazylubber
Captain

« Reply #39 on: Oct 19, 2007, 02:32 AM »

actually, the turn your head and cough thing is awkward, but not that bad--it's the prostate exams that I will dread when I am of an age...

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.--H.L. Mencken
Matahari

« Reply #40 on: Oct 19, 2007, 02:49 AM »

not that bad? clearly you've never had to slam a refrigerator door while your breast is in the way...  ::giggle

~a comedian on the radio
Ladyknight
Senior Officer

« Reply #41 on: Oct 19, 2007, 03:02 PM »

actually, the turn your head and cough thing is awkward, but not that bad--it's the prostate exams that I will dread when I am of an age...

my fiance says its even more awkward when your doctor is a hot lady.

i advised him to change doctors.

Muroni flag officer chats, "I want a baked potato =("
Lazylubber flag officer chats, "is that a euphemism for another baby?"

You told Nemesis, "CandyGram Ma'am."
Nemesis tells you, "I'm just a dolphin, ma'am.  "Oh, okay then!"  *CHOMP!*"
Mistymate
Administrator

« Reply #42 on: Nov 08, 2007, 01:14 AM »

Dad's finally taken medical leave.  I think it's going better for him not trying to get into work.  It at least lets him rest.  I called home tonight and he answered, but he didn't talk.  Can't tell if he just couldn't hear me or what.  I'll just let myself believe it's because he's not very good on the phone.  Anyway, they did a stress test two weeks ago or so and saw something unusual on his heart during the exercise portion.  He's going for a catheter image Monday.  I've decided it doesn't make sense to go home for that, but if I could ask your continued prayers for my dad...

Mom got called for some long-term temp work.  She said it's boring right now, but at least it's work.  I spoke to her on Monday, which was her first day, and first days tend to be dull, in my experience.  Of course, I only found out because I called her on my way to the airport and she said she couldn't talk long because she just started the job.  Silly parents.
ArkhamRose
Fleet Officer

« Reply #43 on: Nov 13, 2007, 01:22 AM »

Just heard from Sliverflames tonight.   Her son's done really well in hospital, and so they released him.  Mommy and Munchkin are back home again.   Thank ye all that kept Silver and her family in your thoughts and prayers.

Ďa! Ďa! Cthulhu Fhtagn!
Tacita
Senior Officer

« Reply #44 on: Nov 30, 2007, 01:32 PM »

I posted a few months back about my sister's friends whose baby had the extra chromosome, and who wasn't expected to live.  I don't know any details, but the baby was born and has died.  I'm not sure if she was stillborn or if they had some time with her before it happened, but either way, please keep Abigail (their child), Chris and Caitlin in your prayers.  Despite the fact that they knew this was coming, it has to be beyond horrible for both of them, especially considering how excited they were about having their first child. 

Arkhamrose says, "Tass is used to our rowdiness ^_^  She lubs us anyway."
Tacita says, "I like the rowdiness or I wouldn't be here."
Tlia says, "You would have to"
Tacita says, "I live vicariously through the perviness of others."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »