Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Mar 23, 2019, 10:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Don't forget to sign up with your pirate name so we know who you are!  If we can't figure out who you are, your account will be deleted.
* Home Help Login Register
+  Crimson Tide Board
|-+  Friends and Allies Area
| |-+  Pirates in Prayer (Moderators: NutMeg, Michelob, Matahari)
| | |-+  Prayer Request UPDATES
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prayer Request UPDATES  (Read 6125 times)
Lazylubber
Captain

« Reply #90 on: Jan 17, 2009, 05:41 PM »

Keeping you and hubby in my prayers Silverflames  :huggles:

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.--H.L. Mencken
Silverflames
Senior Officer

« Reply #91 on: Feb 02, 2009, 11:06 AM »

Good news and bad news. 
  • The Good News
The transplant center sent us a letter, pending final approval by the Selection committee, they have ruled that transplantation is an optimal treatment for his particular medical condition of renal failure.

• The Bad News
The medical insurance (Hubby gets Medicaid for being disabled) through our managed care provider (apologies for the profanity there) absolutely refuses to cover the necessary dental work to finish getting him ready for the transplant, because they 'don't cover that on your plan'.  Then they're telling us (the dental part AND the other part) "You have to appeal through the other people, that's not our job to handle for you."
[/list]

Needless to say, I feel like tearing my hair out when it comes time to deal with them.

SilverFlames - What More Could You Want?
Ladyknight
Senior Officer

« Reply #92 on: Feb 11, 2009, 10:42 PM »

my husband got a job! he starts tomorrow. its only 35 hours a week right now, and it doesnt pay really what would be ideal, but something is better than nothing. thanks to all who kept us in their thoughts and prayers :)

Muroni flag officer chats, "I want a baked potato =("
Lazylubber flag officer chats, "is that a euphemism for another baby?"

You told Nemesis, "CandyGram Ma'am."
Nemesis tells you, "I'm just a dolphin, ma'am.  "Oh, okay then!"  *CHOMP!*"
Lazylubber
Captain

« Reply #93 on: Feb 12, 2009, 04:52 PM »

That's great news LK!

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.--H.L. Mencken
Silverflames
Senior Officer

« Reply #94 on: Mar 04, 2009, 11:43 PM »

Update:  As of 3-5-2009, my RL husband has been approved by the committee of the Columbus Transplant Center for transplant.  He is ON the list.  Now we just need to wait for a kidney that's type O Positive, and make sure his dental crap gets taken care of.  Anyone feel like donating a kidney?  (J/k, I wouldn't ask it of any of you, because it's a hellofa big thing to do).

SilverFlames - What More Could You Want?
Bittersweet
Senior Officer

« Reply #95 on: Mar 06, 2009, 12:05 AM »

If my kidneys weren't already trashed by excess hon.

Sixinchheels says, "when you're behind like that, about your only option is the go for the holes and hope"

Dotte flag officer chats, "you mean the belaying pin? i have my own opinion on what it looks like, but sure, turkey baster works."
Tacita
Senior Officer

« Reply #96 on: Oct 01, 2010, 10:25 AM »

Found out this morning that the doctors have done all they can and Alex's mom isn't going to make it.  She's not in any pain, but she's no longer breathing on her own.  She's heavily sedated and they won't be able to bring her out of it.  What a shit situation.

Edit: Alex's mom died early this afternoon.  Bleh.
« Last Edit: Oct 01, 2010, 10:21 PM by Tacita » Logged

Arkhamrose says, "Tass is used to our rowdiness ^_^  She lubs us anyway."
Tacita says, "I like the rowdiness or I wouldn't be here."
Tlia says, "You would have to"
Tacita says, "I live vicariously through the perviness of others."
Rome
Administrator

« Reply #97 on: Oct 01, 2010, 10:59 PM »

)=

"It will always happen that he who is not your ally will urge neturality upon you, while he who is your ally will urge you to take sides."
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
« previous next »