Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Jun 18, 2019, 11:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Don't forget to sign up with your pirate name so we know who you are!  If we can't figure out who you are, your account will be deleted.
* Home Help Login Register
+  Crimson Tide Board
|-+  General Area
| |-+  Forum Discussion (Moderator: Rome)
| | |-+  Log in
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Reply bookmerk Print
Author Topic: Log in  (Read 1611 times)
Malore
Visitor

« on: Aug 06, 2006, 01:45 PM »

Sorry if this has been said/discussed
* Malore is just a lazy arse who dosnt know (or just can't be asked) to search the forums! ;)

Ok I log off and, though the log in name thing is set ot log in forever I find that when I revisit a bit later on I have to sign back in again. Annoying as anything.. it used ot work.. how did I break it! :P

Malore! take away the A L and you have MORE!!
(I'm thanking Millie for that quote!)
Bring the Pain!
Maripanda says, "trouble with a bar at the top of the house is all the stairs you have to fall down to get to the garden!"
</3 TV
BlondieLass
Senior Officer

« Reply #1 on: Aug 06, 2006, 01:46 PM »

Make sure you're going to www.thecrimsontideblahblah, not thecrimsontide.comblahblah. I think that's it...

BlondieLass - Space Pirate. Legends Space Pirate.

Andyp says, "yeah if i wasnt in this crew, id make one where everyone wears black, has shoppes and ships, and lots of poe"
Andyp says, "wait...."

Andyp says, "fun > poe"

Blondatars! Yay!
dotte
Visitor

« Reply #2 on: Aug 06, 2006, 03:06 PM »

I used to get all kinds of issues if I left off the "www." in front of "www.thecrimsontide.org".  Like I'd log into "thecrimsontide.org", and then I'd click on something and it would redirect me to "www.thecrimsontide.org", and then it would ask me to log in again.  (And if I played along and tried to log in again, it would inform me that "Michelob" was already logged in.)  I'm guessing it had something to do with the 'host' property on a cookie and default-subdomain redirection.

Moral of the story:  If you're me, always include the "www." when connecting to this forum, or things can get boochy.  I dunno if this will solve anyone else's problems, but it worked for me once upon a when.

so yeah, what Blass said.

just dotte
Misery
Senior Officer

« Reply #3 on: Aug 06, 2006, 05:49 PM »

Ok I log off and, though the log in name thing is set ot log in forever I find that when I revisit a bit later on I have to sign back in again.

Stop logging off? ;)

I'm not dead.  Yet.
:ahoy:
BlondieLass
Senior Officer

« Reply #4 on: Aug 06, 2006, 07:22 PM »

Ok I log off and, though the log in name thing is set ot log in forever I find that when I revisit a bit later on I have to sign back in again.

Stop logging off? ;)

Ahahahah!

Andyp says, "yeah if i wasnt in this crew, id make one where everyone wears black, has shoppes and ships, and lots of poe"
Andyp says, "wait...."

Andyp says, "fun > poe"

Blondatars! Yay!
Malore
Visitor

« Reply #5 on: Aug 07, 2006, 07:02 AM »

Grrr I tried the suggetions and it don't work..

I don't exactly "log off" just when I shut down the page.. it logs me off.. :(

* Malore who is getting slightly more annoyed as the day goes on (and its only 10am)

Bring the Pain!
Maripanda says, "trouble with a bar at the top of the house is all the stairs you have to fall down to get to the garden!"
</3 TV
Misery
Senior Officer

« Reply #6 on: Aug 07, 2006, 08:22 AM »

Well you can try deleting all your browser's cookies.  I have no idea if that will work (it will also mean you have to log into every site you have set to "forever"), but it's worth a try.  Maybe a new cookie will be a functional cookie.

I'm not dead.  Yet.
:ahoy:
Andyp
Captain

« Reply #7 on: Aug 07, 2006, 10:43 AM »

Mmmm Cookies!

WTF is a triscuit
Blondielass says, "This crew has been perfect under Andy's control, let's not take any risks
Andyp says, "You, my dear, have been sigged"
Malore
Visitor

« Reply #8 on: Aug 07, 2006, 01:19 PM »

* Malore glares at Andy

Not helping!

And nope cookie reset didnt work.. the forum just hates me! It was working till my sword changed... ooo that's it's.... it's all Romes fault! =P

Bring the Pain!
</3 TV
BlondieLass
Senior Officer

« Reply #9 on: Aug 07, 2006, 02:49 PM »

Would you rather not be SO? :P

Andyp says, "wait...."

Andyp says, "fun > poe"

Blondatars! Yay!
Rome
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: Aug 07, 2006, 04:34 PM »

* Malore glares at Andy

Not helping!

And nope cookie reset didnt work.. the forum just hates me! It was working till my sword changed... ooo that's it's.... it's all Romes fault! =P

Heheh, but I didn't change anything in the logon system.  I wish I could recreate the problem on my pc so I could fix it, but I can't so it's hard.   

Have you tried setting this as a trusted site?

"It will always happen that he who is not your ally will urge neturality upon you, while he who is your ally will urge you to take sides."
Bittersweet
Senior Officer

« Reply #11 on: Aug 07, 2006, 08:55 PM »

Try clearing out all temporary internet files (in IE - Tools/Internet Options/Delete Files - in other browsers I dunno). Sometimes clearing the cache helps resolve these types of issues.

Sixinchheels says, "when you're behind like that, about your only option is the go for the holes and hope"

Dotte flag officer chats, "you mean the belaying pin? i have my own opinion on what it looks like, but sure, turkey baster works."
gajin
Senior Officer

« Reply #12 on: Aug 07, 2006, 09:25 PM »

Have you tried calling the help desk?

* helpdesk_monkey.gif (144.28 kB, 716x468 - viewed 138 times.)

BAKA GAIJIN

Elander flag officer chats, "I'm good when I solo... I swear"
Gajin flag officer chats, "That's funny, I say the same thing about sex"
Gino
« Reply #13 on: Aug 08, 2006, 12:05 AM »

A browser remembers your settings by setting a cookie (not the tasty one, but a file that says: "for so many days, use this setting"). If your browser doesnt do it, it may have cookies disabled in general or for this website or broken. Try Firefox :)
Malore
Visitor

« Reply #14 on: Aug 08, 2006, 09:11 AM »

Well there you have it. I logged on today, to read the replies. After reading and nodding to the sugesstions (most of them I did btw) I thought to myself well bah I will have to live with the annoyance of retyping passwords.
So off I go to read some other stuff. I came back here to answer and volia I was logged in!? Told you the forum just hates me! So I shut it down again and reopen and again I'm logged in..

Thanks for all the replies I have no idea what is going on! I do use firefox btw and Gajin, if thats the help desk then one of them monkeys is me =P

oh and adorable Blondie I love being an SO with you =P

*edit* pfft I spoke to soon >.<
« Last Edit: Aug 08, 2006, 12:47 PM by Malore » Logged

Bring the Pain!
</3 TV
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Reply Print 
« previous next »