Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Jun 19, 2019, 01:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Please make sure your e-mail address is up to date. You will lose access to some of your groups if you have an e-mail address that creates server bounces.
* Home Help Login Register
+  Crimson Tide Board
|-+  General Area
| |-+  Forum Discussion (Moderator: Rome)
| | |-+  OMG WE BROKE IT
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Reply bookmerk Print
Author Topic: OMG WE BROKE IT  (Read 3652 times)
Misery
Senior Officer

« on: Dec 14, 2006, 06:02 AM »

Ok, Rome broke it, but I take the blame too because I'm clueless as to how to update this thing so it's been shoved in his lap.  Anyway, Rome and I are on bug patrol, we're trying to weed out the last of the ickies.. if you track something down that was different before please post in this thread and we'll work on fixing it.

• No Key Stats box at the top of the page
  • No avatar in the User Info box at the top of the page
  • Icons for threads were skulls not the weird things SMF uses - Temporarily shelved to see how the new icons grow on us
  • Button at the bottom linking to our host (I can do that.. I think)
  • Sticky threads used to say Sticky: before the topic (I think that was a mod Mars installed) - New icons tell us with a thumbtack
  • Figure out where this stupid column is coming from and kill it dead - Killed by Mars, thanks!
« Last Edit: Aug 04, 2007, 07:11 PM by Fannon » Logged

I'm not dead.  Yet.
:ahoy:
Mars
Visitor

« Reply #1 on: Dec 14, 2006, 11:08 AM »

if you're interested, I could track down the code for that column for you.  I remember deleting it originally.  Also, the sticky thing was something I made myself, and I don't even know if I have the code for that lying around anymore.  I'm always willing to help. =)

BlondieLass
Senior Officer

« Reply #2 on: Dec 14, 2006, 12:48 PM »

Aw. I kinda liked the avatar at the top. :P

...sorry.

BlondieLass - Space Pirate. Legends Space Pirate.

Andyp says, "yeah if i wasnt in this crew, id make one where everyone wears black, has shoppes and ships, and lots of poe"
Andyp says, "wait...."

Andyp says, "fun > poe"

Blondatars! Yay!
Bittersweet
Senior Officer

« Reply #3 on: Dec 14, 2006, 01:24 PM »

Okay... so, let me preface this with- I'm a web usability expert in RL. The things I notice will be nits.

The Advanced Search the follows the Search button wraps below the Search button instead of on the same line.

and I personally really liked the skulls, but meh

Sixinchheels says, "when you're behind like that, about your only option is the go for the holes and hope"

Dotte flag officer chats, "you mean the belaying pin? i have my own opinion on what it looks like, but sure, turkey baster works."
Mars
Visitor

« Reply #4 on: Dec 14, 2006, 02:42 PM »

Okay... so, let me preface this with- I'm a web usability expert in RL. The things I notice will be nits.

The Advanced Search the follows the Search button wraps below the Search button instead of on the same line.

To be fair, if I make my browser window small, that occurs.  You have to be running a pretty small window to have that happen...

Fannon
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: Dec 14, 2006, 02:50 PM »

To be fair, if I make my browser window small, that occurs.  You have to be running a pretty small window to have that happen...

I'm reasonably certain the reason it wraps is that it is the same width of the user info box above it. That box resizes itself so that the news box can remain the same width. However, I'm pretty sure the news box is wider now than it was before, causing the insane wrappiness.

P.S. I know not everybody has it, but what's with the quick edit thingie that's on each post (on the right hand side in the middle-ish)? Is that a new feature?

Shuranthae says, "I swear, if only there were the crew title "Slave Driver."

Shuranthae says, "Yeah, that's what I'd expect from a Wynd. Our bloodthirstyness is only matched by our laziness and lack of enthusiasm.
Muroni
Senior Officer

« Reply #6 on: Dec 14, 2006, 02:53 PM »

It's slightly funny that you guys broke our forums and are madly fixing, at the same time Liz broke the main ones and is madly fixing. 

*giggles*

The Vampire Muroni :muroni:
Anonymous: all sneaking around and such
Anonymous: made it taste better?
Anonymous: like some stuff tastes better when you are sneaky
Angie
Senior Officer

« Reply #7 on: Dec 14, 2006, 03:03 PM »

P.S. I know not everybody has it, but what's with the quick edit thingie that's on each post (on the right hand side in the middle-ish)? Is that a new feature?

I could be wrong, but I think that's a moderator's quick modify. Essentially the same as the Modify button, except doesn't bring you to a new screen, so a wee bit more convenient I suppose... Of course, I'm almost always against modifying posts...

- Angie, Captain of the Cookie Pirates

Making the world a purpler place since September, 2003!
Fannon
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: Dec 14, 2006, 03:25 PM »

I could be wrong, but I think that's a moderator's quick modify. Essentially the same as the Modify button, except doesn't bring you to a new screen, so a wee bit more convenient I suppose... Of course, I'm almost always against modifying posts...

Well, yes, I figured that out when I clicked it the first time. I was just asking if it's new as I can't remember seeing it before. And it's irritating me. :P

Shuranthae says, "Yeah, that's what I'd expect from a Wynd. Our bloodthirstyness is only matched by our laziness and lack of enthusiasm.
Misery
Senior Officer

« Reply #9 on: Dec 14, 2006, 07:49 PM »

The edit button is new, I'm loving it.  I think we may have changed the Advanced thingy to just say Advanced before.  The news box is oddly wider and we can fix that.  I liked the skulls too but you couldn't tell what was a sticky or not and that drove me bonkers.  Mars if you could help us figure out how to KILL THAT STUPID POINTLESS COLUMN DEAD DEAD DEAD I'd totally appreciate it.

I'm not dead.  Yet.
:ahoy:
Mars
Visitor

« Reply #10 on: Dec 15, 2006, 05:52 PM »

BOOM HEADSHOT. Casualties: column

Muroni
Senior Officer

« Reply #11 on: Dec 15, 2006, 11:55 PM »

I'm gonna say it before mis.  U rulz marzbaby.  Ty.

The Vampire Muroni :muroni:
Anonymous: all sneaking around and such
Anonymous: made it taste better?
Anonymous: like some stuff tastes better when you are sneaky
Fannon
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: Dec 16, 2006, 05:27 AM »

So can we not get skulls that are more obviously stickies? I'm partial to the skulls more because they're in theme than because I'm particularly attached to them. :)

*wonders when Mis will put in the cool new smilies she's talked about*

Mars
Visitor

« Reply #13 on: Dec 16, 2006, 05:40 AM »

Tomorrow morning I am going to re-code my sticky mod to work with their new (and silly) display system.  That might answer your question, Fannon...

majestrate
Senior Officers

« Reply #14 on: Dec 16, 2006, 04:33 PM »

I dunno, I kinda dig the current icons.  They're slim and slick.  The previous ones, while piratey, were too large  :-P
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Reply Print 
« previous next »