Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Jan 16, 2019, 01:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Don't forget to sign up with your pirate name so we know who you are!  If we can't figure out who you are, your account will be deleted.
* Home Help Login Register
+  Crimson Tide Board
|-+  General Area
| |-+  Forum Discussion (Moderator: Rome)
| | |-+  OMG WE BROKE IT
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Reply bookmerk Print
Author Topic: OMG WE BROKE IT  (Read 3467 times)
Misery
Senior Officer

« Reply #15 on: Dec 16, 2006, 05:56 PM »

We'll see on the skulls, overall I liked them better (but I'm biased as I made them based on Reed's nice drawing), but I can recolour these ones also.

As for the emotes, waiting until we kill all the bugs dead first before I change stuff.

I'm not dead.  Yet.
:ahoy:
dotte
Visitor

« Reply #16 on: Dec 16, 2006, 06:16 PM »

So can we not get skulls that are more obviously stickies? I'm partial to the skulls more because they're in theme than because I'm particularly attached to them. :)

i'd prefer it to be something in theme as well, and more than just coloring the ones we have now. they might look fine most places, but go somewhere with a child board, and they just look oddly out of place with the skulls in that column as well. not that it has to be the skulls again. maybe they could be something like versions of different pieces from the game...dunno, just throwing it out there, if they are being reconsidered. depending on what kind of time i have (probably not much, with holidays and working 8-5), i can try to come up with something, if you want.

just dotte
Michelob
Senior Officer

« Reply #17 on: Dec 17, 2006, 12:28 PM »

For anyone wondering how to get the times on posts to show up correctly, the setting is under

Profile > Look and Layout Preferences > Time Offset

If you can't figure out the math, just keep trying different numbers between -12 and +12 until the time at the top of your page (in the "User Info" box) looks right. :)

*hic* Hide the rum!  The boozer's back in town!

Fannon
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: Dec 17, 2006, 02:35 PM »

For anyone wondering how to get the times on posts to show up correctly, the setting is under

Profile > Look and Layout Preferences > Time Offset

If you can't figure out the math, just keep trying different numbers between -12 and +12 until the time at the top of your page (in the "User Info" box) looks right. :)

To further help, the default time on the forums is set to game time. So the time offset you put in needs to based off of that. :) Ex: Central time is 2 hours ahead of game time, so 2 is the offset you want.

Shuranthae says, "I swear, if only there were the crew title "Slave Driver."

Shuranthae says, "Yeah, that's what I'd expect from a Wynd. Our bloodthirstyness is only matched by our laziness and lack of enthusiasm.
Misery
Senior Officer

« Reply #19 on: Dec 19, 2006, 02:10 PM »

New emoticon set added.

I'm not dead.  Yet.
Mistymate
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: Dec 20, 2006, 02:43 AM »

I don't know if this is a bug or intentional...

If I try to add a poll, my only option (besides the question and picks) are whether results can be viewed by everyone or only after voting.  I know that admins have other options, including when the poll closes and how many times someone can vote.
dotte
Visitor

« Reply #21 on: Dec 20, 2006, 03:03 PM »

I don't know if this is a bug or intentional...

If I try to add a poll, my only option (besides the question and picks) are whether results can be viewed by everyone or only after voting.  I know that admins have other options, including when the poll closes and how many times someone can vote.

don't know if this has just already been taken care of or what. i just tested on both on a board i'm a mod for and one i'm not, same options for both: votes per person; # of days; show results.

.te, not helping much.

just dotte
majestrate
Senior Officers

« Reply #22 on: Dec 20, 2006, 03:53 PM »

Maybe those options are only available to mod's/admins, regardless of what board you're a mod of?  Like, you can either see them, regardless of what board you're on, or you can't (mod/admin is the first situation, regular use is the second)?
dotte
Visitor

« Reply #23 on: Dec 20, 2006, 04:53 PM »

.te, not helping much.
maybe you missed that part...
 ::tongue

just dotte
Misery
Senior Officer

« Reply #24 on: Dec 20, 2006, 07:01 PM »

News box isn't auto-resizing properly.  Scroll bar appears when content overflows box.

I'm not dead.  Yet.
Bolehcim
Visitor

« Reply #25 on: Dec 20, 2006, 09:12 PM »

Maybe those options are only available to mod's/admins, regardless of what board you're a mod of?  Like, you can either see them, regardless of what board you're on, or you can't (mod/admin is the first situation, regular use is the second)?

I am now logged in as a Guest-level "Visitor" user, about as low as you can go.  And when I go into the Mad Titan board and try to create a poll, I get the same options that I get as Michelob the Administrator.  So either this has been fixed, or it's prejudiced against Cookie Pirates. :P

To be fair, I am a member of just one group: PotD, presumably so I could test settings there once upon a time.  But I also tried on another Guest-level "Visitor" account that is a member of no groups at all, with the same results.

Correction:  I meant to say "Visitor", rather than "Guest".  "Guest" means something different (someone who isn't logged into the forums).  --Mich

* seeyouatthepoll.png (9.52 kB, 595x274 - viewed 92 times.)
« Last Edit: Dec 20, 2006, 09:24 PM by Michelob » Logged

Ahoy.  Michelob here, seeing what the forum interface looks like when I'm not an all-powerful Admin user.

If this were the real Bolehcim, he'd be talking complete jibberish, so thank goodness it's just me.
majestrate
Senior Officers

« Reply #26 on: Dec 21, 2006, 12:16 AM »

Try duplicating (if you can, creating a new and being in the same groups if you can't) Misty's account?  That's the only option left for repro of the issue.  :-P

and .te, I didn't miss it.  I just knew you liked hard things, so I gave you a hard time. hah!
dotte
Visitor

« Reply #27 on: Dec 21, 2006, 01:28 AM »

and .te, I didn't miss it.  I just knew you liked hard things, so I gave you a hard time. hah!

i know, i was just throwing it back at you. i like soft things too, and stuff... i <3 stuff.
don't we have a thread for derailing?

just dotte
Angie
Senior Officer

« Reply #28 on: Dec 21, 2006, 12:31 PM »

Actually, I think Misty may have been _editing_ an old entry, adding a poll. Have we checked that functionality?

- Angie, Captain of the Cookie Pirates

Making the world a purpler place since September, 2003!
Mistymate
Administrator

« Reply #29 on: Dec 21, 2006, 01:03 PM »

Actually, I think Misty may have been _editing_ an old entry, adding a poll. Have we checked that functionality?

Nice try Angie.   8)  But the options weren't available to me the first time around either.  I thought that they *might* be there if I tried editting it after I set it up, but to no avail.  Now, this could all just be me being stupid and not looking in the right place, or it could be the wise scheme of Mis and the admins to keep me from making gazillions of polls!  Bwah hah hah! 

Hmm...here's a screenshot of what I see...
(And yes, to quote Petry, "Don't you wish you were a Cookie?"   ::wink)

EDIT: I reread Angie's quote (you think I would have done that first time!)...If it makes any differece, I had a topic set up that had been viewed and replied to.  I added the poll from the topic's root about a week later.  I just tried to set up a poll from the crew's base page and I get many more options (perhaps even all of them).

* forum poll.PNG (25.77 kB, 762x465 - viewed 101 times.)
« Last Edit: Dec 21, 2006, 01:07 PM by Mistymate » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Reply Print 
« previous next »