Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Jun 19, 2019, 01:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Please make sure your e-mail address is up to date. You will lose access to some of your groups if you have an e-mail address that creates server bounces.
* Home Help Login Register
+  Crimson Tide Board
|-+  General Area
| |-+  Forum Discussion (Moderator: Rome)
| | |-+  Firefox 2 users: Hit Alt+Shift+S to submit/post and Alt+Shift+P to preview
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Reply bookmerk Print
Author Topic: Firefox 2 users: Hit Alt+Shift+S to submit/post and Alt+Shift+P to preview  (Read 684 times)
Michelob
Senior Officer

« on: Jan 22, 2007, 09:34 PM »

If you have recently upgraded to Firefox 2.0*, you may have noticed that some of the forum's keyboard shortcuts have stopped working.

In particular, when you are writing a message to post on these forums, you will see directly above the Post and Preview buttons:
shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview

If you are using Firefox version 2, the shortcuts are now:
shortcuts: hit Alt+Shift+S to submit/post or Alt+Shift+P to preview

I must admit, it will take me a while to get used to this, since I am a notorious keyboard-lubber, and the old shortcuts have become second nature to me. :?

Note: If you aren't running Windows, this may or may not affect you, or it may affect you differently.

Technical details:

• The addition of the Shift key was a deliberate change made in Firefox 2, to avoid conflicts with the Alt+<letter> shortcuts that Windows uses for the web browser's own menu bar.
  • This can be changed, if you really know what you're doing.  Mozilla.org provides a little helpful information on how you might go about this; this is not for the faint of heart, however.  Attempt only at your own risk.

*hic* Hide the rum!  The boozer's back in town!

Pages: [1] Go Up Reply Print 
« previous next »