Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Mar 23, 2019, 10:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Don't forget to sign up with your pirate name so we know who you are!  If we can't figure out who you are, your account will be deleted.
* Home Help Login Register
+  Crimson Tide Board
|-+  Friends and Allies Area
| |-+  Pirates in Prayer (Moderators: NutMeg, Michelob, Matahari)
| | |-+  Any Pagans?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Any Pagans?  (Read 1237 times)
Jamiesmith
Visitor

« on: Jan 24, 2007, 07:27 AM »

Im just wondering if there are any fellow pagans? Not nessicarily wiccan but any form of paganism. Just trying to make a connection.

Pagan and proud I am :D

Fleet Officer of PotD

Jamiesmith says, "whats sleep kassia? >.<"
Kassia says, "I dunno..."

Midoriko says, "ok men, skewer those women bots"
Whiterain says, "mido you're now in my "god thats an awesome quote" collection"
(ps I am whiterain)
Michelob

« Reply #1 on: Jan 24, 2007, 12:09 PM »

Hi Jamie, and welcome. :)

I should hope that most of what I have to say here goes without saying, but since I don't think it's been explicitly stated anywhere else, this is probably just as good as place as any.  *puts on the moderator hat*

I'd just like to take a moment to point out that this Pirates in Prayer forum is "A peaceful place for those who wish to discuss spiritual issues."  Yes, this group was started by, and is moderated by, Christians, but the intent is for this group and this board to remain open.  All faiths are welcome.

Because this is "A peaceful place for those who wish to discuss spiritual issues," I ask that all discussions here remain civil, respectful, and courteous.  This is not a place to proselytize (i.e., try to convert people to your faith) or to condemn.  Any posts that are disrespectful or inflammatory will be removed.  No, there have not been any problems with either kind of post here, in my recent memory, and let's keep it that way. =)

Peace, y'all.  --Mike

*hic* Hide the rum!  The boozer's back in town!

Jamiesmith
Visitor

« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2007, 07:17 PM »

*oogles Moderator hat*

yep most of my best friends are of Christian faith, I hold no ill will, just curious if there are any other pagans. I think no different of someone based on religion and I would expect the same from a fine but of flagmates. Plus lmao I couldn't convert my way out of a paper bag  :shock:

Plus there might be a another flaggie, of mine (or another religion) and its good to know ye aren't alone sometimes, I've found in past it helps sometimes. *huggles all*

so thats my 2cents :P

Fleet Officer of PotD

(ps I am whiterain)
Muroni
Senior Officer

« Reply #3 on: Jan 25, 2007, 12:25 AM »

I don't think he was warning you, Jamie.  I think it was more a defense mechanism to protect you from others, just in case.  Some folks understanding of Wicca and/or Paganism is still slim, at best.  If I asked the neighbors or my own family what it meant, 9 out of 10 would still stupidly claim it had to do with satanism (ignorance about Christian faiths abounds, as well). 

Then again, both I and my daughter are going to heck because I let her get black bedding and paint the accents in her room black, with grey walls.  Ooooh, we are evil.  She actually bought a "Hiim" shirt recently, dunno if any of you are familiar with the singer (ALL his songs that I have heard are sappy love ballads).  His "symbol" is a "heartogram", half heart, half pentogram.  One of my daughters friends is now no longer allowed to hang out with that "bad girl who worships the devil".  This is the straight A student whose last school project is still on display at the Department of Education building, who isn't afraid to stand up to peer pressure when somebody is being maliciously teased at school and has lost friends over that type of situation, and who volunteers by her own choice at an elderly home once a month because she can't stand the thought of anybody being lonely. 

*winks*  I'm not pagan, or wiccan, but I have had friends who are, and I've had some very interesting conversations with them.  I'm always interested in learning about new things, even if they are not my choice, I'd like to understand the choices they make.  It helps me understand who they are, after all, so I'm slightly more enlightened than your average Joe.  Consequently, so are they. 

The Vampire Muroni :muroni:
Anonymous: all sneaking around and such
Anonymous: made it taste better?
Anonymous: like some stuff tastes better when you are sneaky
Michelob

« Reply #4 on: Jan 25, 2007, 02:48 AM »

I don't think he was warning you, Jamie.  I think it was more a defense mechanism to protect you from others, just in case.

Aye, Muroni has it.  Yeah, it probably could have gone without saying, but keeping my mouth shut (or fingers still) has never been one of my strong points. ::wink

Back on topic, I'm not a pagan but I do believe that there are things I can learn from the pagan faith and doctrines.  I don't buy into the all-or-nothing "we're right, they're wrong" line (whatever "we" is, since even in my 5-person small group at church, we don't always agree on doctrine, lol).  If I shut my eyes and my mind to differing or opposing beliefs, I may be missing out on truths that the traditions of my own faith have overlooked.

*hic* Hide the rum!  The boozer's back in town!

Angie
Senior Officer

« Reply #5 on: Jan 25, 2007, 12:27 PM »

Then again, both I and my daughter are going to heck because I let her get black bedding and paint the accents in her room black, with grey walls.  Ooooh, we are evil.  She actually bought a "Hiim" shirt recently, dunno if any of you are familiar with the singer (ALL his songs that I have heard are sappy love ballads).  His "symbol" is a "heartogram", half heart, half pentogram.  One of my daughters friends is now no longer allowed to hang out with that "bad girl who worships the devil".  This is the straight A student whose last school project is still on display at the Department of Education building, who isn't afraid to stand up to peer pressure when somebody is being maliciously teased at school and has lost friends over that type of situation, and who volunteers by her own choice at an elderly home once a month because she can't stand the thought of anybody being lonely. 

Thanks for reminding me why I'm glad I moved away from Louisianna...

- Angie, Captain of the Cookie Pirates

Making the world a purpler place since September, 2003!
timmyd
Officer

« Reply #6 on: Jan 26, 2007, 01:36 AM »

everyone just turns and runs from me when I put on my fun cloths and nail polish and makeup
Bustier
Visitor

« Reply #7 on: Jan 28, 2007, 02:34 AM »

/em waves at Jamie

I'm pagan.  Was raised presbyterian, but hubby and I have been pagans for, gee, 10 years or more now.

/em waves at people of other religions so they don't feel left out.   :wink:

Pirates of the Damned
Jamiesmith
Visitor

« Reply #8 on: Jan 28, 2007, 02:09 PM »

aww i didn't feel being warned, like you i have a hard time not replying to every little part of what someone says =) and im glad ye did put on the mod hat, not that i think it would have been needed but its always good to be reminded :P

MM&BB Bustier =)

Fleet Officer of PotD

(ps I am whiterain)
Jamiesmith
Visitor

« Reply #9 on: Feb 05, 2007, 06:43 AM »

so I figured I'd put this here instead of the recommendations thread cause i dunno seems more natural ?

Anyone have any suggested book titles for reading, paganism related please. I'm looking to buy a few more books and I always have a hard time cause I just dont know if they are worth the money, they tend to get pricey ya know.

Fleet Officer of PotD

(ps I am whiterain)
Bustier
Visitor

« Reply #10 on: Feb 05, 2007, 11:09 AM »

Instructional or entertaining?

Pirates of the Damned
Jamiesmith
Visitor

« Reply #11 on: Feb 05, 2007, 11:42 AM »

more advanced instructional ive been on my path almost 13 years so yeah im just trying to learn as much as I can

but a little entertaining on the side is good, i have many books that offer both :lol:

Fleet Officer of PotD

(ps I am whiterain)
Kassia
Navy Admiral

« Reply #12 on: Mar 07, 2007, 05:46 PM »

Jamie, love,

You and I have so many things in common it's beginning to scare me.  I am a self-identified "pagan."  I am against organized religion, so I'm not a member of any particular sect.  I also consider religion to be the most profoundly personal thing possible.  Which is why I don't talk about it much.  I know a lot of pagans - some extremely orthodox, some less so.  My best friend was handfasted skyclad, and never "married."  :)

Kassia

PS - I'll ask a Blue Star Wiccan friend of mine for suggested reading for you.  He has an outrageously extensive library. :)
scx
Fleet Officer

« Reply #13 on: Mar 12, 2007, 12:12 AM »

though i dont usualy say much stuff about my religion...i'm a pagan here too. i follow Druidicism to be a little more precise but i dont follow too much of what "Paganism" is. i fist found what i believed in then found a name to it, if yall know what i mean. seeing as there is a good amount here i guess i can say that much bu i wont talk about it much unless i'm talking personaly to someone.
so yup...thats me 8)

~Peace
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »