Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 26, 2019, 11:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Don't forget to sign up with your pirate name so we know who you are!  If we can't figure out who you are, your account will be deleted.
* Home Help Login Register
+  Crimson Tide Board
|-+  Friends and Allies Area
| |-+  Pirates in Prayer (Moderators: NutMeg, Michelob, Matahari)
| | |-+  Need Advice, please read
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Need Advice, please read  (Read 1846 times)
Bittersweet
Senior Officer

« Reply #15 on: Mar 31, 2007, 03:33 AM »

Put the cat down... it's a CAT!

Pet lovers - you can hate me all you want, but for goodness sakes let the damned thing go!

Sixinchheels says, "when you're behind like that, about your only option is the go for the holes and hope"

Dotte flag officer chats, "you mean the belaying pin? i have my own opinion on what it looks like, but sure, turkey baster works."
Matahari

« Reply #16 on: Mar 31, 2007, 03:17 PM »

It's a long story, but there have been several times in my life where my dogs simply saved my life. If it had not been because they had to be fed and taken outside, I would have never gotten out of bed and simply withered away. The ONLY reason I had to live and move was those dogs. They didn't let me go, and it would only be fair that I don't let them go without a fight either.

Besides, you never know when the pets are gonna come in handy...

http://www.wbaltv.com/news/11403664/detail.html

"My desire for companionship outweighs my disgust for picking up [poop]."
        ~a comedian on the radio
Bittersweet
Senior Officer

« Reply #17 on: Mar 31, 2007, 03:54 PM »

I saw that story- someone said it turned out to be a hoax, but I still want to believe it...

I'm not completely cold hearted. I love animals and I agree that they play a major role in your life. I've just seen too many people spend too much money and too much heartache on an animal that is beyond help.

When people put themselves through so much agony just to have an animal die anyway, I wonder if it's what is best for everyone. I guess there are miracles that happen, but it breaks my heart to see someone go into debt to help an animal that is beyond help because they just aren't ready to let go.

Jamie -you have to do what you think is right for you and your pet. I send you my love either way.

Sixinchheels says, "when you're behind like that, about your only option is the go for the holes and hope"

Dotte flag officer chats, "you mean the belaying pin? i have my own opinion on what it looks like, but sure, turkey baster works."
Jamiesmith
Visitor

« Reply #18 on: Apr 14, 2007, 05:44 AM »

I'm happy to report my kitty is thriving. His whole body is filling out, especially his tummy, he loves the new food the vet perscribed him. His face is so full and fluffy (not fat just a male cat thing i think) and hes as playful as ever. Little bugger has started this thing with biting my nose when he belives its time to get up which im so not thrilled about but meh i can deal with it.

My adult cat Cuddamoe is really starting to watch over him, its so cute, and i've trained cuddamoe to respond to the phrase "wheres kitty" she'll go find him for me so we can do his meds. Its adorkable!  :P

After his meds are finally gone (bout a month to go) we'll take him back and get him checked out, I suspect whatever was wrong with him is gone.  Hes turning out to be quiet the lover too :) and a wonderful therapy for headaches, his purring its like ommmm lol calming.

oh and I just got a new job I start later today! Things are looking up:)

I know the prayers helped and I can never thank ya'll enough. I know hes not outta the clear but I believe expecting the worse and accepting the best did me good. Now if I could just get the husband trained to give kitty his meds withou making me do it.. meh

oh plus i found out a new trick to giving him his fluid injections, can cat food + tall blue folding table = distraction + skilled at giving meds = no stressed out mommy or kitty! :) simplely, I kinda hold him away from the food for an hour or two then he gets hungry and he'll lick at the canned cat food while i quickly give him the injections.

Fleet Officer of PotD

Jamiesmith says, "whats sleep kassia? >.<"
Kassia says, "I dunno..."

Midoriko says, "ok men, skewer those women bots"
Whiterain says, "mido you're now in my "god thats an awesome quote" collection"
(ps I am whiterain)
Matahari

« Reply #19 on: Apr 14, 2007, 11:18 AM »

My adult cat Cuddamoe is really starting to watch over him, its so cute, and i've trained cuddamoe to respond to the phrase "wheres kitty" she'll go find him for me so we can do his meds. Its adorkable!  :P

<snip?>

oh plus i found out a new trick to giving him his fluid injections, can cat food + tall blue folding table = distraction + skilled at giving meds = no stressed out mommy or kitty! :) simplely, I kinda hold him away from the food for an hour or two then he gets hungry and he'll lick at the canned cat food while i quickly give him the injections.

Jaime, that is adorable  ::love and hilarious, respectively.  ::boogie

And yay for the job!!  :-)

~kel :puppy:

"My desire for companionship outweighs my disgust for picking up [poop]."
        ~a comedian on the radio
Kassia
Navy Admiral

« Reply #20 on: Apr 14, 2007, 12:08 PM »

Hurray for healthy, happy kitties!
Bittersweet
Senior Officer

« Reply #21 on: Apr 14, 2007, 12:16 PM »

:huggles: :smooch:

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »