Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Jun 18, 2019, 11:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Don't forget to sign up with your pirate name so we know who you are!  If we can't figure out who you are, your account will be deleted.
* Home Help Login Register
+  Crimson Tide Board
|-+  Flag Area
| |-+  Events (Moderator: Confess)
| | |-+  Ocean-wide Events from the Y!PP Forums
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ocean-wide Events from the Y!PP Forums  (Read 5264 times)
Mistymate
Administrator

« on: Jun 20, 2007, 10:00 AM »

A listing of currently running events from the Events and Midnight Events sections of the Main Boards.

Please note that you should check the official thread on the main forums if you are interested in any of these events. 
Always make sure you review the rules in their entirety before entering an event.  What is listed here is a summary, at best.

See something I missed?  Let me know!

Cheers!

Please keep in mind the disclaimer below for any events that ask ye to contribute funds to participate:
Please note that this event, as with any lottery, raffle or auction, is run at the risk of the participants. If there is shown to be cheating or wrongdoing, the culprit will be punished, but no PoE will be returned to participants affected. Please only enter if you trust the person or people hosting the event.

Note:  Announcement of an event here does not indicate any sort of flag-level political endorsement of the event's sponsors.  We just want to make sure ye know what's going on around the ocean.

Linkage?

For all events posted in this thread, clicking on the name of the event will bring ye to the original Event thread.  From there, you'll see full instructions and links to entry threads.
« Last Edit: Dec 09, 2008, 03:44 PM by Mistymate » Logged
Vistr
Senior Officer

« Reply #1 on: Feb 02, 2011, 08:01 PM »

http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=166179

Octoscarf knitalong:

So, since it's cold and winter-y here, I just finished the super-awesome-cardigan-of-green!, and I have lots and lots (and lots!) of yarn, I've decided I want to knit a scarf. And because it's ever so much fun, I've decided to challenge you all to knit or crochet a scarf too!
But not just any scarf.
A *cue fanfare* OCTOSCARF.

What is an octoscarf?
An octoscarf is a scarf inspired by the Majestic Octopus (watch around the 2 minute mark). It could be knit with a picture of an octopus. It could have a pattern that reminds you of those cool suction-cups. It could involve elaborate mathematical patterns based on the number 8. It could be made from yarn that reminds you of an octopus. It could..., well, you get the idea.

What is a Knit-along?
A knit-along is an event were a bunch of people get together to knit to a common end. Sometimes for charities, sometimes just to all be working on the same project - or type of project. They're a spiffy way to meet other fiber-crafty people, find inspiration for projects, and be challenged to do more.

Rules:

* One entry per player
    * Entries must be knit or crochet. You may use items such as buttons, beads, and eyes as they are normally used with these crafts.
    * Entry must be recognizably a scarf - and usable as one! It can be sized for either an adult or a child.
    * Entry must be your own work.
    * Entries must be posted to the Entry Thread.
    * Entry post format (entries must include all this information):

-Your Pirate Name and Ocean for prize delivery

-Pattern information (link if it's available online, tell us where you found it otherwise.) If you improvised based on an existing pattern or made up your own, tell us that!

-Links to three pictures that include a piece of paper with your pirate name and ocean:

* Casting on: The project just after it's started
    * In Progress: The project about halfway done
    * Finished: The finished project. (You may include this as an image in your post so long as it is no larger than 600 px x 600 px)

Additionally, if possible include an "action" shot of your scarf being modeled by a willing victim, long-suffering pet, or beloved stuffed hippopotamus.

-Prize preference order and color clarification (if needed.)

If it is unclear, you will also want to explain just how your scarf was inspired by the Majestic Octopus.

Prize Packs:

* Octoscarf: An octopus familiar based on the color of your scarf (standard options).
    * Tools of the Trade: Spinning wheel, dyer, upholstered chair, and "Clotho" rumble dummy action figure. Dyer and chair colors based on the color of your scarf. (Oooh, and a Clotho egg!)
    * The Herd: Two sheep, one dog, and a "Shepherdess" or "Sheepherder" swordfighting dummy (depending on ocean). Colors loosely determined by the color of your scarf.

Please indicate your prize preference order and the color of your scarf if it is unclear. If you list a non-standard color such as black or sea-green, we will

Additionally each winner will receive an appropriately (1st/2nd/3rd) inscribed ribbon trinket.

Participants' Choice: Each player who participates in the Knit-Along will have one week after it is finished to submit a vote for their favorite entry. The overall favorite entry (up to a two-way tie) will receive an inscribed ribbon trinket based on their scarf colors: "Participants' Choice: Octoscarf Knit-Along."
Participants' Choice voting should be posted in thisthread at the close of the event using the following format:
Vote: Pirate-name. Yes, you can vote for your own entry. No, you can't be anonymous.
Yearbook
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: Jun 04, 2011, 11:56 PM »

http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=170394

Bad Song Parody!

Contest!
1. Choose a song from our bad song list
2. Write a Y!PP themed parody of that song.
3. Sing your song on either
a. http://www.singsnap.com
b. Youtube (http://www.youtube.com)
c. mp3 file to be sent to yearbook50@yahoo.com with file heading: ?Midnight Bad Song Parody?
If you need to find your back up song music: http://www.cantanding.com is a good place to start.

Note: You are allowed to make a music video but it is not required
4. Post your lyrics & song to this thread

Judging Stuff
1. Entries will be judged on a combination of lyrics, theme, and singability of the parody.
2. Judges may post songs they sing but they will not be allowed prizes.
3. Reserved for other comments

Prizes
Platinum Record: Unnamed Mint/Mint Parrot
Golden Record: Gold Sheep & Gold Rabbit
Silver Record: Cheap Silverside Sloop + 2 Armors w/ Spears
+ Random Prizes to be given for any random reason (like making Yearbook or another judge laugh to breaking point)

Song List for Parody
-> Friday by Rebecca Black
-> My Jeans by Jenna Rose
-> The Creep by Lonely Island
-> Umbrella by Rihanna
-> Baby by Justin Bieber
-> Whip My Hair by Willow Smith
-> Tik-Tok by Ke$ha
-> California Girls by Katy Perry

Entries Must Be Posted by June 24th, 2011 11:59:59PM
Winners will be announced within 2 weeks.

mistymate says:  I'm all hot and sweaty and going to blame you.

Yearbook officer chats, "woot! i like drunk men"
Crispix officer chats, "so do I"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »