Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 26, 2019, 11:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Don't forget to sign up with your pirate name so we know who you are!  If we can't figure out who you are, your account will be deleted.
* Home Help Login Register
+  Crimson Tide Board
|-+  General Area
| |-+  Tips & Tricks (Moderator: Mistymate)
| | |-+  Carpentry
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Carpentry  (Read 2961 times)
Sassafras
Senior Officer

« Reply #15 on: Mar 24, 2008, 12:35 PM »

I scroll as I am dragging to the whole.  My brain already knows how I want the piece to behave when I select it, so it's just a case of moving it into place.

I have also found that sometimes... it's just better to accept the craftsmanship instead of holding out for a masterpiece if trying to work it out slows you down a lot.  I don't think the game cares how good you are filling the holes if you are slow to fill them.

~Sass
Elimae
Visitor

« Reply #16 on: Mar 31, 2008, 01:11 PM »

Errr......

bumpy. Just an update. I've reached Grand-Master carpentry thanks to all yer guidelines. Thank you!

<3 Eli

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us."

~Helen Keller
Mars
Visitor

« Reply #17 on: Apr 04, 2008, 12:19 AM »

I've recently started to use the keyboard in combination with a mouse or touchpad. It is weird at first but I've found I can work a lot faster using the combination of the two.  Previously I only used the mouse wheel, for comparison's sake.
Just figured I'd chime in a lil bit.

Ladyknight
Senior Officer

« Reply #18 on: Apr 04, 2008, 02:55 AM »

i dont have a mouse, but i use both my touchpad and my keyboard. though my carp went down to gm the other day after a host of useless pieces.

-LK,
short and sweet.

Muroni flag officer chats, "I want a baked potato =("
Lazylubber flag officer chats, "is that a euphemism for another baby?"

You told Nemesis, "CandyGram Ma'am."
Nemesis tells you, "I'm just a dolphin, ma'am.  "Oh, okay then!"  *CHOMP!*"
Elimae
Visitor

« Reply #19 on: Apr 04, 2008, 10:49 AM »

How would ye use keyboard and mouse at same time

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us."

~Helen Keller
dotte
Visitor

« Reply #20 on: Apr 04, 2008, 11:57 AM »

with two hands? you only need 3 keys to flip/rotate, so one hand can be on those, the mouse in the other for selecting and placing. i think you can use keys to select as well, but still, 5 keys placed fairly close shouldn't be to tough for one hand to deal with.

just dotte
Elimae
Visitor

« Reply #21 on: Apr 04, 2008, 01:12 PM »

I'm just used to using the mouse...

Can anybody tell me why I keep getting Incredibles and Excellents and can't hike my rating up to Legendary?

~Helen Keller
Neried
Senior Officer

« Reply #22 on: Apr 04, 2008, 01:30 PM »

I've recently started to use the keyboard in combination with a mouse or touchpad. It is weird at first but I've found I can work a lot faster using the combination of the two.  Previously I only used the mouse wheel, for comparison's sake.
Just figured I'd chime in a lil bit.

Touchpad/mouse and keyboard is how I've been doing it for years--keyboard rotation is MUCH more precise than a scroll wheel, and the touchpad means I dont even need to move my hands around, just my fingers.  Eli, from my experience and having alts at many many different carp ratings, the climb between GM and Legendary and Leg to Ult are huge.

Sassafras flag officer chats, "am I the only one that screams "SUCK IT!" at my monitor when I get a particularly hard nav combo done?"
Majestrate flag officer chats, "i scream "OH YEAH, RIGHT THERE"   :-P"
Elimae
Visitor

« Reply #23 on: Apr 04, 2008, 03:47 PM »

What controls do you guys use when using mouse/touchpad and keyboard? And now I know how long I have to go til I hit Legendary...a long ways. Thanks guys!

~Helen Keller
Ladyknight
Senior Officer

« Reply #24 on: Apr 04, 2008, 07:02 PM »

i use the touchpad to move the pieces around, and the "x" and "z" keys to rotate.

You told Nemesis, "CandyGram Ma'am."
Nemesis tells you, "I'm just a dolphin, ma'am.  "Oh, okay then!"  *CHOMP!*"
Mistymate
Administrator

« Reply #25 on: Apr 04, 2008, 07:45 PM »

I've never hit legendary carp.
* Mistymate pouts
Muroni
Senior Officer

« Reply #26 on: Apr 04, 2008, 09:22 PM »

I used to do that.  That is when I hated carp.  Now I just use the mouse wheel so I can carp one-handed.  Now I love carp.

Seriously, part of my sailing burn-out is that it's the only puzzle I have to use two hands for.  Guns, carp and bilge are all one handers for me.

The Vampire Muroni :muroni:
Anonymous: all sneaking around and such
Anonymous: made it taste better?
Anonymous: like some stuff tastes better when you are sneaky
Bittersweet
Senior Officer

« Reply #27 on: Apr 04, 2008, 10:12 PM »

anything that requires more than one hand means you are working too hard....

Sixinchheels says, "when you're behind like that, about your only option is the go for the holes and hope"

Dotte flag officer chats, "you mean the belaying pin? i have my own opinion on what it looks like, but sure, turkey baster works."
Mistymate
Administrator

« Reply #28 on: Apr 04, 2008, 10:14 PM »

anything that requires more than one hand means you are working too hard....

Working too hard? 

::shifty

Or having too much fun?

:shock:

Mur, please don't hurt Leif!
« Last Edit: Apr 04, 2008, 10:16 PM by Mistymate » Logged
Ladyknight
Senior Officer

« Reply #29 on: Apr 04, 2008, 11:34 PM »

muroni needs her hands for other things :wink: