Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Jan 17, 2019, 02:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Please make sure your e-mail address is up to date. You will lose access to some of your groups if you have an e-mail address that creates server bounces.
* Home Help Login Register
+  Crimson Tide Board
|-+  General Area
| |-+  Tips & Tricks (Moderator: Mistymate)
| | |-+  Puzzle Pirates Connection Problem
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Puzzle Pirates Connection Problem  (Read 920 times)
Elimae
Visitor

« on: Mar 28, 2008, 08:15 PM »

Hoy all---

I am having problems with connecting to YPP. I am attaching screenshots...

Tawnee has been helping me (well, trying. And crewbies are helping as well) and I have run cmd.exe and run tracert. No luck. It says the address www.puzzlepirates.com is unreachable. Anybody have helpful hints?

[oh, and if this is the wrong area to post...please let me know.]

EDIT: The error says "Either there is a temporary network outage or the server is down for maintenance. Please wait a moment before reconnecting."
« Last Edit: Mar 28, 2008, 08:21 PM by Elimae » Logged

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us."

~Helen Keller
majestrate
Senior Officers

« Reply #1 on: Mar 28, 2008, 08:59 PM »

I think Tawnee said something about trying it from multiple computers.  Or maybe Neried suggested it.  Have you tried that yet?
Elimae
Visitor

« Reply #2 on: Mar 28, 2008, 09:01 PM »

It works on my other computer. It works on the college network computers. I just don't know why it won't work on mine. Will try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Will update when this is done.

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us."

~Helen Keller
majestrate
Senior Officers

« Reply #3 on: Mar 28, 2008, 09:04 PM »

I'll check back in a few minutes then.

So, the computer you're having issues with, it's on a network that is provided by whom?
Elimae
Visitor

« Reply #4 on: Mar 28, 2008, 09:13 PM »

Tri-West communications provides the network. I'm very confused. Maybe this reload will work....

~Helen Keller
majestrate
Senior Officers

« Reply #5 on: Mar 28, 2008, 09:22 PM »

So the college gets internet via Tri-West and your computer (the problematic one) is on the college network?  Or the Tri-West connection is apart from the college network, and your computer (the problematic one) has issues on it?
Elimae
Visitor

« Reply #6 on: Mar 28, 2008, 09:30 PM »

The Tri-West connection is different from the UWEC connection. My computer is having issues on the Tri-West connection.

~Helen Keller
Elimae
Visitor

« Reply #7 on: Mar 28, 2008, 09:56 PM »

EDIT: I fixed it.

~Helen Keller
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »