Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Jan 17, 2019, 01:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Don't forget to sign up with your pirate name so we know who you are!  If we can't figure out who you are, your account will be deleted.
* Home Help Login Register
+  Crimson Tide Board
|-+  General Area
| |-+  Forum Discussion (Moderator: Rome)
| | |-+  New forum section request
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Reply bookmerk Print
Author Topic: New forum section request  (Read 905 times)
Lazylubber
Captain

« on: Apr 07, 2008, 08:33 PM »

I've been talking with some of the more writing-inclined members of the flag recently, and we were thinking it would be neat to have a Writer's Cafe section in the forums.  Individual threads in the Mad Titan can get buried too easily, but perhaps a child board would work if a completely separate board is considered unwarranted.  In either case, I would be interested in being an Administrator for said board.

--LL

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.--H.L. Mencken
Rome
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: Apr 08, 2008, 06:34 PM »

That's not a bad idea, how much interest do you think there is?

"It will always happen that he who is not your ally will urge neturality upon you, while he who is your ally will urge you to take sides."
Fannon
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: Apr 08, 2008, 06:45 PM »

Honestly, I think until it's clear that there are enough threads for a separate section, you should just use the Mad Titan. I understand your point about threads sinking and whatever, but there's nothing to stop you from bumping those threads, or creating some sort of index for them. I can only think of... 2? maybe 3? writing-related threads from the entire time I've been in the flag, to be honest.

Shuranthae says, "I swear, if only there were the crew title "Slave Driver."

Shuranthae says, "Yeah, that's what I'd expect from a Wynd. Our bloodthirstyness is only matched by our laziness and lack of enthusiasm.
Sassafras
Senior Officer

« Reply #3 on: Apr 08, 2008, 06:47 PM »

What if you made it a creative expression board, not just writer's?

I don't write, but I am a crafty ho. I'd be happy to share if I thought people were interested.  I just don't think that there are that many people who are interested in me waxing ecstatically over wool, and other fibers.

Maybe if it were just for creative expression in general instead of writing specific there would be more interest?

~Sass
Tinyred
Senior Officer

« Reply #4 on: Apr 15, 2008, 10:35 PM »

I would be totally down for this. I write occassionally and would love to be able to post things and read other's works. If it were more of a broad artistic board, that would be even more fun :) I think more people than we realize are artistic in some way or another, and maybe they just didn't feel comfortable posting it in the more general areas..it would be less like bragging if we had a creative-specific area to post ;)
Elimae
Visitor

« Reply #5 on: Apr 16, 2008, 12:47 AM »

Agreed.

I'm a story writer also ^_^

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us."

~Helen Keller
Mars
Visitor

« Reply #6 on: Apr 16, 2008, 05:50 AM »

I don't see why using the Mad Titan is a bad idea, but I'm just crazy so who knows. *shrugs*

Pages: [1] Go Up Reply Print 
« previous next »