Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Sep 17, 2019, 09:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Please make sure your e-mail address is up to date. You will lose access to some of your groups if you have an e-mail address that creates server bounces.
* Home Help Login Register
+  Crimson Tide Board
|-+  General Area
| |-+  Kraken's Belly
| | |-+  "Kids" say the darndest things
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Kids" say the darndest things  (Read 364 times)
Tacita
Senior Officer

« on: Jul 09, 2008, 09:22 PM »

So in case y'all don't know, I'm currently in an intensive Japanese program right now.  I've been doing Japanese 14 hours a day for the past three weeks and three days.  And sometimes, your brain just gets confused. 

Tonight at dinner, my teacher asked what my favorite show was, and I answered "Deadliest Catch" as it is.  My TA (from Tokyo), didn't know what it was, and so I told her.  She wanted to know why anyone would do that sort of job, to which case one of my classmates (who's from Alaska), answered "Its great money."  She was surprised, and I, in explanation, came out with this sentence. 

"Ni shuukan ni hataraitara, ichiman kara goman gurai doru ni kingyou ni morateimashita."

Which, roughly translated for those of you who don't speak Japanese, means "If they work for two weeks, they recieve $10,000-$50,000 goldfish."

I thought my teachers were going to die laughing.  That's actually better than the time I informed my teacher I was going to marry my wristwatch. 

Hope this was good for a laugh.

Tass
Days left until out of this hellhole: 2!!!!!

Arkhamrose says, "Tass is used to our rowdiness ^_^  She lubs us anyway."
Tacita says, "I like the rowdiness or I wouldn't be here."
Tlia says, "You would have to"
Tacita says, "I live vicariously through the perviness of others."
Lazylubber
Captain

« Reply #1 on: Jul 09, 2008, 10:13 PM »

::laugh

I'm glad it's almost over too!  Hang in there!

:huggles:

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.--H.L. Mencken
Confess
Royalty

« Reply #2 on: Jul 10, 2008, 12:26 AM »

I know of no other means to earn so many goldfish so quickly.

How strange it is to be anything at all.
Tacita
Senior Officer

« Reply #3 on: Jul 10, 2008, 12:38 AM »

But it isn't necessarily a LOT of goldfish.  It could just be one really expensive one.  I suppose it depends on how good the season was?

Arkhamrose says, "Tass is used to our rowdiness ^_^  She lubs us anyway."
Tacita says, "I like the rowdiness or I wouldn't be here."
Tlia says, "You would have to"
Tacita says, "I live vicariously through the perviness of others."
Rome
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: Jul 10, 2008, 02:02 AM »

hahah, ok, that's funny

"It will always happen that he who is not your ally will urge neturality upon you, while he who is your ally will urge you to take sides."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »