Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Jan 17, 2019, 01:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Please make sure your e-mail address is up to date. You will lose access to some of your groups if you have an e-mail address that creates server bounces.
* Home Help Login Register
+  Crimson Tide Board
|-+  General Area
| |-+  Tips & Tricks (Moderator: Mistymate)
| | |-+  Skellies/Zombies will/won't take....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Skellies/Zombies will/won't take....  (Read 1697 times)
Venom
Administrator

« on: Feb 05, 2009, 08:12 PM »

Please add what your experience has been....

They WON'T take woodpiles, fish skeletons, leg-regenerating potion, hand-regrowth potion.
They WILL take pets.

Life is an aimless drive that you take alone..... Might as well enjoy the ride, take the long way home - Jimmy Pop
Ladyknight
Senior Officer

« Reply #1 on: Feb 06, 2009, 02:06 AM »

WONT: old bandanas.
WILL: whisking potions.

Muroni flag officer chats, "I want a baked potato =("
Lazylubber flag officer chats, "is that a euphemism for another baby?"

You told Nemesis, "CandyGram Ma'am."
Nemesis tells you, "I'm just a dolphin, ma'am.  "Oh, okay then!"  *CHOMP!*"
Desna
Senior Officer

« Reply #2 on: Feb 06, 2009, 04:01 AM »

Actually, they seem to like a lot of the crap we get out of CI, if that helps any.  After last night's insane zombie nonsense (which I hear is still going on...) I had barely any CI crap left.  So the only thing I missed was the poe I wasted  :evil:

Vistr
Senior Officer

« Reply #3 on: Feb 06, 2009, 10:03 AM »

Whisks are only taken if they have 4+whisks left.

Me, I'm wondering if this is a scheme to eliminate thousands of junk items from the server.  *grins*
majestrate
Senior Officers

« Reply #4 on: Feb 06, 2009, 01:45 PM »

How many frays are they at?  And how big is the fray?  (frey?)
dotte
Visitor

« Reply #5 on: Feb 06, 2009, 02:20 PM »

well, they were there at least since this time yesterday, no clue how many frays there have been since there were obviously periods of it not filling by the end of the mandatory wait, 23 zombies, outside Wrasse IM bazaar for those that didn't know yet ;p

edit: looks like they rebooted and tried to patch, so there are now 24 on rhino, reportedly on 20+ frays in the past 3 1/2 hours or so.
« Last Edit: Feb 06, 2009, 02:40 PM by dotte » Logged

just dotte
majestrate
Senior Officers

« Reply #6 on: Feb 06, 2009, 09:07 PM »

Wow.  So at the risk of 100 eights, you could come back with 3k.  Is it really that tough, or is it obviously impossible (i.e. 8+ full screen punches within 35 seconds of starting)?
Littlewolfe
Officer

« Reply #7 on: Feb 06, 2009, 09:46 PM »

In my opinion....yes its really that tough.  And you can't put all the blame on the people that are in them.  There have been a lot of good rumblers in the frays and we still can't beat them.
dotte
Visitor

« Reply #8 on: Feb 07, 2009, 03:18 AM »

no maje, at the risk of 100 eights and an item, you get to wonder when the next reboot will make it poof for eternity. yes, they are that hard, the few i've seen over half the humans die before even a handful of zombies go down, and it's not lack of teaming or good fighters.

just dotte
Rome
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: Feb 07, 2009, 03:51 AM »

They will take: Christmas Trees, Bid Tickets, clothes, whisking potions, hand regrowths, game tables, basically all the crap I carry around all the time.

"It will always happen that he who is not your ally will urge neturality upon you, while he who is your ally will urge you to take sides."
Vistr
Senior Officer

« Reply #10 on: Feb 07, 2009, 01:46 PM »

Took some down this morning after three fights, but it was only 8 of them.
dotte
Visitor

« Reply #11 on: Feb 07, 2009, 02:01 PM »

They will take: Christmas Trees, Bid Tickets, clothes, whisking potions, hand regrowths, game tables, basically all the crap I carry around all the time.

bid tickets might have to be for decent amounts. i have had the old 1 unit for 1 poe tickets on me when they've said i had nothing to wager, but i've seen people win some for xx units at xx poe (unfilled).

just dotte
Mistymate
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: Feb 07, 2009, 03:55 PM »

Skellies will take tradeable items.

As of 19 Nov 2008 release:
Skellies/zombies no longer take: regular sea charts, mostly-used whisking potions, injury repair potions

As of 15 Aug 2006:
Skellies can no longer steal EQUIPPED pets.

As of 23 Nov 2005:
Skellies now confirm with the user the total value of the wager- displaying which item they'll take from you. They will no longer take items that they consider low-value.

From the wiki:
To enter the fray, pirates must pay 100 PoE to the skellies or zombies and be holding at least one tradable item. Portraits, familiars, deeds, trinkets, presents, pet rats, the backsword, and the savvy hat are safe from the skellies and cannot be stolen.
« Last Edit: Feb 07, 2009, 03:57 PM by Mistymate » Logged
Rome
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: Feb 07, 2009, 08:05 PM »

bid tickets might have to be for decent amounts. i have had the old 1 unit for 1 poe tickets on me when they've said i had nothing to wager, but i've seen people win some for xx units at xx poe (unfilled).

That makes sense, they always want to take my big hemp tickets that I really should get around to collecting some time (no storage room)

"It will always happen that he who is not your ally will urge neturality upon you, while he who is your ally will urge you to take sides."
Vistr
Senior Officer

« Reply #14 on: Feb 08, 2009, 01:08 AM »

They will also gladly take your time and dignity.

In all seriousness... if they're going to make the frays too difficult to win with able players in, they're better off barring able players than they are letting them join and then get blamed for the loss.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »