Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Mar 23, 2019, 04:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Don't forget to sign up with your pirate name so we know who you are!  If we can't figure out who you are, your account will be deleted.
* Home Help Login Register
+  Crimson Tide Board
|-+  General Area
| |-+  Forum Discussion (Moderator: Rome)
| | |-+  SMF 2.0 Problems, Discussion, Etc, Etc
« previous next »
Poll
Question: Best Soda Part 2  (Voting closed: Aug 21, 2009, 09:54 AM)
Pepsi - 3 (12%)
Coke - 4 (16%)
Sprite - 2 (8%)
Orange - 1 (4%)
Dr. Pepper - 5 (20%)
Mountain Dew - 3 (12%)
I hate soda - 2 (8%)
7-Up - 2 (8%)
Other - 3 (12%)
Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Reply bookmerk Print
Author Topic: SMF 2.0 Problems, Discussion, Etc, Etc  (Read 3940 times)
Babydolls
Captain

« Reply #30 on: Aug 12, 2009, 11:43 PM »

Ok, as I just typed that reply, the lines of the above typed message (the message I replyed to to tease Romeo :P), well the lines would jump...ummm how do I explain? when the typing filled the space in the window that you could see the typing, the spillover--message past the window--would be hidden and I'd have to scroll down to check what I just typed...it's like a mexican jumping bean in type if that makes more sense--or a bunny on crack. :P

Hrm, I can't replicate this behavior.  Can you log out, hit ctrl F5, then log back in and see if it keeps happening?
g
h
i
j
k

ok where K is, it will continue to make everything previously typed jump up and down...it will continue to go back to where you can only see line k...and then you have to scroll down to see what you typed reguardless if you have it scrolled down or not...it jumps as fast as you type.

Don't make me pull this sloop over...you'll wish I hadn't. ;)

If money and women are the root of all evil, what does that make men? the flower?
Babydolls
Captain

« Reply #31 on: Aug 12, 2009, 11:44 PM »

Ok, as I just typed that reply, the lines of the above typed message (the message I replyed to to tease Romeo :P), well the lines would jump...ummm how do I explain? when the typing filled the space in the window that you could see the typing, the spillover--message past the window--would be hidden and I'd have to scroll down to check what I just typed...it's like a mexican jumping bean in type if that makes more sense--or a bunny on crack. :P

Hrm, I can't replicate this behavior.  Can you log out, hit ctrl F5, then log back in and see if it keeps happening?
g
h
i
j
k

ok where K is, it will continue to make everything previously typed jump up and down...it will continue to go back to where you can only see line k...and then you have to scroll down to see what you typed reguardless if you have it scrolled down or not...it jumps as fast as you type.
you have to quote something previously said...and yes it's still doing it after I qoted myself...it's a rabbit on crack

If money and women are the root of all evil, what does that make men? the flower?
Mistymate
Administrator

« Reply #32 on: Aug 13, 2009, 12:26 AM »

I can't replicate this, Baby.

What browser (and what version) are you using?
Rome
Administrator

« Reply #33 on: Aug 13, 2009, 06:09 AM »

g
h
i
j
k

I can't make it do it )=

"It will always happen that he who is not your ally will urge neturality upon you, while he who is your ally will urge you to take sides."
Fyre
Senior Officer

« Reply #34 on: Aug 13, 2009, 06:40 AM »

If you use Chrome, you can stretch and extend the input box. :D

laura / fyre / fyrefaerie / chicgeek
Senior Officer of Pirates of the Damned
laurakishimoto.ca
@chicgeek on twitter
Fannon
Administrator

« Reply #35 on: Aug 13, 2009, 10:19 AM »

I can't replicate it either.

If you use Chrome, you can stretch and extend the input box. :D

That's part of the 2.0 update. :) All other browsers should theoretically be able to do that as well.

Shuranthae says, "I swear, if only there were the crew title "Slave Driver."

Shuranthae says, "Yeah, that's what I'd expect from a Wynd. Our bloodthirstyness is only matched by our laziness and lack of enthusiasm.
Annaleese
Visitor

« Reply #36 on: Aug 13, 2009, 11:05 AM »

Does not do it for me either, and I also liked the smaller signature font.
Mars
Visitor

« Reply #37 on: Aug 13, 2009, 02:33 PM »

I can stretch just fine in Firefox.

Babydolls
Captain

« Reply #38 on: Aug 13, 2009, 07:44 PM »

Internet Explorer 8.0....if no one can replicate this, then I guess I just have a special laptop...very special...

Rome
Administrator

« Reply #39 on: Aug 13, 2009, 08:33 PM »

Internet Explorer 8.0....if no one can replicate this, then I guess I just have a special laptop...very special...
I'm using 8.0 too here (at work).  Well it is nice to own something special?

"It will always happen that he who is not your ally will urge neturality upon you, while he who is your ally will urge you to take sides."
Babydolls
Captain

« Reply #40 on: Aug 14, 2009, 01:44 PM »

:P

Lazylubber
Captain

« Reply #41 on: Aug 14, 2009, 05:08 PM »

The preview function doesn't seem to be working for me.  It says it is "fetching preview..." but it never actually comes up.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.--H.L. Mencken
Rome
Administrator

« Reply #42 on: Aug 14, 2009, 09:34 PM »

The preview function doesn't seem to be working for me.  It says it is "fetching preview..." but it never actually comes up.

Ok, I seemed to have been able to fix it, or, at least patch it.  Somewhere there is whitespace in one of the many files I had to edit to make this work, and it is causing the error.  I went through the ones I remebered editing, but there were so many I probably missed one. 

I did find a workaround on the forum, and disabled the "preview" javascript.

That means no more fancy instant preview, the browser actually has to do something, but, it works just fine for you now, hopefully.

[spoiler]Testing something[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: Aug 19, 2009, 12:33 AM by Rome » Logged

Lazylubber
Captain

« Reply #43 on: Aug 15, 2009, 04:51 AM »

Testing, testing...

Yes, the workaround is doing the trick.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.--H.L. Mencken
Lazylubber
Captain

« Reply #44 on: Aug 21, 2009, 11:06 PM »

Admin privileges are working appropriately now to add and remove people from pages, thank you for fixing it!   :D

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Reply Print 
« previous next »