Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Mar 26, 2019, 06:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Don't forget to sign up with your pirate name so we know who you are!  If we can't figure out who you are, your account will be deleted.
* Home Help Login Register
+  Crimson Tide Board
|-+  General Area
| |-+  Forum Discussion (Moderator: Rome)
| | |-+  A stupid question...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Reply bookmerk Print
Author Topic: A stupid question...  (Read 1298 times)
Lazylubber
Captain

« on: Oct 02, 2009, 08:30 PM »

Is there a link to get back to the front splash page from anywhere within the forums?  I've never found a way other than manually re-enterting www.thecrimsontide.org once I've moved to the main forum page and logged in.  (Yes, I log in every time I visit the forums, an hour at a time, instead of being permamently logged in.  I'm weird.)  This came to mind because a mention was made of an ally's forum in a post I read, and the only links to those are on the splash page.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.--H.L. Mencken
Rome
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: Oct 02, 2009, 09:59 PM »

It used to be the top graphic, but after basically a year of not updating the front page I didn't see much point to that in the last installation.

"It will always happen that he who is not your ally will urge neturality upon you, while he who is your ally will urge you to take sides."
Lazylubber
Captain

« Reply #2 on: Dec 01, 2009, 01:02 PM »

The forum splash page is malfunctioning--the background is there, and only a single line of code at the very top for a header, but the graphics and news feed are absent.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.--H.L. Mencken
Daedalus
Royalty

« Reply #3 on: Dec 01, 2009, 02:03 PM »

The forum splash page is malfunctioning--the background is there, and only a single line of code at the very top for a header, but the graphics and news feed are absent.
I've grumbled about this ingame for a week or two - I think the problem is that something in the code is trying to go to "thecrimsontide.org" but the page only responds properly to "www.thecrimsontide.org".  I'll bet fixing whatever code is looking for the non-www link might resolve the issue.

- Daed

Daedalus
Captain of The Cartographers
Prince of Crimson Tide
Lazylubber says, "think you can drive something this small?"
Rome
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: Dec 02, 2009, 12:04 AM »

and unfortunately I can't recreate the problem on my end so I can't fix it.

"It will always happen that he who is not your ally will urge neturality upon you, while he who is your ally will urge you to take sides."
Rome
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: Dec 02, 2009, 12:47 AM »

Ok after clearing my cashe a few times, I successfully got it to break, and then fixed.  It seems someone kindly upgraded our wordpress to 2.0.....unfortunately we were using a 1.0 theme and 1.0 plugins.  Also the maker seems to have discontinued said theme.  However, I was able to find a copy, and then I was able to apply most of Misery's customization to it from a backup.

Daedalus
Royalty

« Reply #6 on: Dec 02, 2009, 01:53 AM »

It works for me now!  Yay!

- Daed

Daedalus
Captain of The Cartographers
Prince of Crimson Tide
Lazylubber says, "think you can drive something this small?"
Annaleese
Visitor

« Reply #7 on: Dec 04, 2009, 02:16 AM »

Um, I can no longer login to the front page to make posts and announcements. This probably has something has something to do with the previous complaint, but I dunno. Can ya fix it? I had this idea for some forum stuff I wanted to start, but I can't until I can log in.

Thanks!
Rome
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: Dec 04, 2009, 08:17 AM »

Sorry, theming issue again.  That is not how Wordpress wants us to login anymore.  I'll leave it like that if you want, but you'll notice there's a login button up top now too that is a bit more theoretically theme-break proof.  However it doesn't look as cool.

Annaleese
Visitor

« Reply #9 on: Dec 04, 2009, 12:08 PM »

Oh wow..I did not even see the other log in button. Thanks Rome! I knew you were probably working on stuff, but I figured there was something I could do in the meantime, and as usual, it was right in front of my face.  :oops:

Thanks for being so on top of stuff with the forums!
Rome
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: Dec 05, 2009, 03:47 AM »

Oh no, it wasn't up there, I just added it because Wordpress told me to q=

Pages: [1] Go Up Reply Print 
« previous next »