Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Jan 17, 2019, 01:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Please make sure your e-mail address is up to date. You will lose access to some of your groups if you have an e-mail address that creates server bounces.
* Home Help Login Register
+  Crimson Tide Board
|-+  General Area
| |-+  Kraken's Belly
| | |-+  Giving Thanks - Step 1
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Giving Thanks - Step 1  (Read 923 times)
Annaleese
Visitor

« on: Dec 04, 2009, 12:05 PM »

The holidays are filled with reasons to give thanks (and some for cursing, but that isn't the point!) Big things, small things, silly thing...we should all give thanks.

In a few words, or a long story, tell us what you are thankful for this year. It can be something serious or something silly. Feel free to have fun with it!
Yearbook
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: Dec 07, 2009, 03:22 PM »

* Yearbook starts out silly

I'm thankful for Mac'n'Cheese with neon orange cheese. 

mistymate says:  I'm all hot and sweaty and going to blame you.

Yearbook officer chats, "woot! i like drunk men"
Crispix officer chats, "so do I"
Bittersweet
Senior Officer

« Reply #2 on: Dec 07, 2009, 03:28 PM »

I continue to be thankful for the Crimson Tide family. Without you my life would certainly not be the same.

Sixinchheels says, "when you're behind like that, about your only option is the go for the holes and hope"

Dotte flag officer chats, "you mean the belaying pin? i have my own opinion on what it looks like, but sure, turkey baster works."
Babydolls
Captain

« Reply #3 on: Dec 08, 2009, 02:06 AM »

I'm thankful for my healthy, wiggly, and giggly baby boy. I'm thankful for the boyfriend who puts up with my sillyness and forgetfulness. I'm thankful for my family and friends that love and put up with me, and the dog that loves me even though he might get kicked off the bed in the middle of the night. :) I'm very thankful for everyone in CT since, like Bitters said, my life wouldn't be the same without ya'll. Last, I'm thankful for everything I have, my car, my job, etc because I am so lucky for everything I have.

Don't make me pull this sloop over...you'll wish I hadn't. ;)

If money and women are the root of all evil, what does that make men? the flower?
Annaleese
Visitor

« Reply #4 on: Dec 10, 2009, 07:31 PM »

Step 2 will be posted on Sunday. It will require a bit of a creative streak. You do not have to participate in both steps to win prizes.

Possible prizes include:
a frosted sloop (Name TBA)
10k gift certificate to Brigs on the Bayou
Yellow Horn
Tan/White couch
Set of 4 Whisk Potions
Set of 3 Rope Coils
2 Christmas trinkets
Tacita
Senior Officer

« Reply #5 on: Dec 10, 2009, 07:44 PM »

I'm thankful for my family, for friends, including my PP peeps, for mac and cheese, for having a job, for being done with my PhD apps, for snow, for good books, for garden gnomes, and for my stubbornness/stick-to-it-ness.

Arkhamrose says, "Tass is used to our rowdiness ^_^  She lubs us anyway."
Tacita says, "I like the rowdiness or I wouldn't be here."
Tlia says, "You would have to"
Tacita says, "I live vicariously through the perviness of others."
Mistymate
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: Dec 10, 2009, 07:52 PM »

One of the three year-old classes at the school affiliated with my church made turkey feathers with what they were thankful for written on the feather.  Most were pretty standard.

We saw one for "Daddy and Candy" and were a little surprised for a moment, and then figured that maybe "Candy" was a step-mom or something. 

Then we found the one that said, "Mommy and Elephants."
scx
Fleet Officer

« Reply #7 on: Dec 10, 2009, 10:06 PM »

I'm thankfull for not only caring friends, but ones that tell you they care where and when you least expect it.
I'm thankfull for family members who have looked out for your personal well-being, some a little more than others.
I'm thankfull for the few 'good samaritans' in the world who would gladly give of themselves to another and not expect nor request a reward.
I'm thankfull for working professionals who reason their customer's happiness is more important than their commission or sales stats.
And lastly, I'm thankfull for being able to give thanks, as in I have my health and am full of life. Indeed, another year survived is another year stronger.

~Peace
Annaleese
Visitor

« Reply #8 on: Dec 13, 2009, 05:50 PM »

In my household, we are really thankful for toilet paper. Preferably the name brand kind, like Cottonelle or Charmin.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »