Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Jun 18, 2019, 11:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Don't forget to sign up with your pirate name so we know who you are!  If we can't figure out who you are, your account will be deleted.
* Home Help Login Register
+  Crimson Tide Board
|-+  Flag Area
| |-+  Events (Moderator: Confess)
| | |-+  8 Year Party
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 8 Year Party  (Read 2558 times)
Rome
Administrator

« on: Jul 28, 2011, 09:22 AM »

I was trying to come up with ideas for what we could do for our 8 year anniversary coming up, and I thought up a lot of elaborate contests or events, and while I was not lacking in ideas (ask me about The Midsummer Poker Run some time), I ultimately every time came to the conclusion "well Midnight can't support an event of that size."  Plus I want it to be fun and I don't want the stress of an event on myself or the event-throwers. 

So I came up with something else that I want to run by you guys that I think would be a bit easier. 

Throughout the week of the 7-14th (since we really don't know the exact date), we will have around 7 tournaments set up at various times with a small cash prize and a grand prize that acts as an raffle ticket (I'm thinking we should use War Frigs as a sign of audaciousness, plus we have more of those than cash).   On saturday we can throw a Rome Dunk Tank (I enter the field with a ship, other people try to sink me.  The captain of the ship ship that manages to sin k me the most wins.  However that ship has to survive until the end, so they have motivation to sink each other)  Then on Sunday we will have an open-to-the-ocean Tideaments, where at the end we will draw the winner for a nice grand prize.  No I don't have a nice grand prize yet.  Hahah.

This may be too short notice to gather enough money to do this so if anyone has any quick ideas that would be fine.

"It will always happen that he who is not your ally will urge neturality upon you, while he who is your ally will urge you to take sides."
Vistr
Senior Officer

« Reply #1 on: Jul 28, 2011, 09:14 PM »

We can toss some stuff onto the prize pile.

I haz rogue marks, ships, and miscellany.
Rome
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: Jul 29, 2011, 04:18 AM »

Oh that would be awesome.

"It will always happen that he who is not your ally will urge neturality upon you, while he who is your ally will urge you to take sides."
Fannon
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: Jul 30, 2011, 09:28 PM »

I haz poez that I can donate. :D Romey, I think if you can figure out a prize list, we can make it happen fairly easily.

Shuranthae says, "I swear, if only there were the crew title "Slave Driver."

Shuranthae says, "Yeah, that's what I'd expect from a Wynd. Our bloodthirstyness is only matched by our laziness and lack of enthusiasm.
Rome
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: Jul 30, 2011, 11:37 PM »

Ok guys I have a very rough outline up that I'm gonna start filling in some proposals around.

https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1HHGq3Qb_rvqK4ugsIlGCLUWbWQu74HD2gRFogoApfVI

If you want to have edit rights please let me know.

gummyworm
Royalty

« Reply #5 on: Jul 31, 2011, 05:45 PM »

I put a bunch of trinkets, in three trinket cases in the flag hall for you to use as you see fit for this event.  They are located in the ball room on the first floor, upstairs and to the left, and in the gold room upstairs.  I also have a plum croma that you can have and 12 rogue marks but i need to give those to you personally.

Tawnee is proud to be a drama queen!
Rome
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: Jul 31, 2011, 11:35 PM »

Oooo, you rule, Gummy!

Pjotr
Captain

« Reply #7 on: Aug 01, 2011, 03:41 PM »

I've got some furnies, chroma's, trinkets and PoE for you. If we're ever on at the same time... :P

Pjotr
SO of the Ransack Marauders
Elitist Bastard
Rome
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: Aug 03, 2011, 12:46 AM »

Ha, my schedule normalizes this week after Wednesday.

Rome
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: Aug 05, 2011, 11:34 PM »

Collected this stuff from VIstr

cat
iceblue chroma
4 indigo chromas
3 sea green chromes
14 rogue's mark
wine chroma
7 hankies
4 fruitcakes
cold puffer
dangerous wrasee
lonely gar
lonely roach
propper puffer
psyched halibut
smart gar

Rome
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: Aug 05, 2011, 11:37 PM »

At this point I think we should proceed like we aren't going to get my special prize from the OMs, so we should proceed.  What should be the grand prize?  A prize pack? 

gummyworm
Royalty

« Reply #11 on: Aug 06, 2011, 03:14 PM »

Oooh that reminds me....Forks has some trinkets left over from the wedding event....Let's use those for this event.  So I've added them to the cases in the Flag Hall.

The following are what I've put in the trinket cases thus far:

1 sand dollar
28 starfish
15 knobby coral
15 spiky coral
1 plum clam shell
2 plum nautilus shells
1 inscribed shell
2 subaquatic pins
1 curious roe
2 ritual candles
6 cursed eggs
8 eye of newt
1 homunculus seed
6 scrying bones
1 gilded serpent fang
1 scorpion sting
1 lucky amulet bag
1 toadstool
2 evil weevil
1 horn talisman
1 faded cameo
1 viking key
1 scabbard boss
1 lockpick kit
3 skeleton key
1 knucklebone dice
1 caltrops
1 disguise kit
1 stolen imperial plans
1 dried homunculus
1 hemlock
8 powdered lizard tail
1 amber spider
7 handkerchief
1 chick
1 lantern
1 cake
1 bangled bracelet
1 bear claw
1 crushed leeches
1 imperial field rations
3 black handkerchiefs

There are also tons of mugs, bludgeons, and swords that you are free to take from the flag hall as well.
« Last Edit: Aug 06, 2011, 03:34 PM by gummyworm » Logged

Tawnee is proud to be a drama queen!
Rome
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: Aug 08, 2011, 10:12 PM »

From gummy worm

Plum Chroma
12 rogue's mark

From PJ (wow!)

Peejee traded: Handkerchief, Sand dollar, Sand dollar, Sand dollar, Sand dollar, Sand dollar, Starfish, Starfish, Starfish, Starfish, Starfish, Starfish, Starfish, Knobby coral, Spiky coral, Deed to the Dhow 'Well-Informed Mackerel', Deed to the War Brig 'Clueless Sild', Deed to the War Brig 'Comfortable Wrasse', Deed to the War Brig 'Dear Pollack', Deed to the War Brig 'Decent Salmon', Deed to the War Brig 'Excited Bream', Deed to the Dhow 'Committed Ling', Deed to the Dhow 'Comfortable Bass', Deed to the Dhow 'Believable Sunfish', Deed to the Cutter 'Handsome Halibut', Deed to the Cutter 'Intolerant Bluegill', Deed to the Dhow 'Ambitious Salmon', Deed to the War Brig 'Free Pike', Deed to the War Brig 'Grateful Mummichog', Deed to the War Brig 'Hard-Headed Roach', Deed to the War Brig 'Hard-Working Ling', Deed to the War Brig 'Light Tigerfish', Deed to the War Brig 'Industrious Puffer', Deed to the War Brig 'Living Shiner', Deed to the War Brig 'Patient Sawfish', Deed to the War Brig 'Upset Marlin', Deed to the War Brig 'Wonderful Hake', Deed to the War Frigate 'Clueless Barbel', Deed to the War Frigate 'Boring Piranha', Deed to the War Frigate 'Classy Chub', Deed to the War Frigate 'Complicated Angler', Deed to the War Frigate 'Conservative Barbel', Deed to the War Frigate 'Disgusting Angler', Deed to the War Frigate 'Harsh Sunfish', Deed to the War Frigate 'Idealistic Flounder', Deed to the War Frigate 'Industrious Mullet', Deed to the War Frigate 'Light Herring', Deed to the War Frigate 'Passionate Anchovy', Deed to the War Frigate 'Petty Grunion', Deed to the War Frigate 'Short Sild', Deed to the War Frigate 'Sluggish Tuna', Deed to the War Frigate 'Small Piranha', Deed to the Grand Frigate 'Unique Flounder', Crossed candy canes, Atlantean seal, Crossed spears, Festive candelabra, Holiday wreath, Chroma (indigo), Chroma (indigo), Chroma (ice blue), Chroma (banana), Chroma (atlantean)

Rome
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: Aug 08, 2011, 10:13 PM »

I'm moving this to events because I need some help organizing it, hahah

Rome
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: Aug 09, 2011, 12:28 AM »

The OMs have approved a Demeter doll for our prize so I think that could be the grand prize? (=

Here is what I sent the OMs so we need to make sure our event stays true to what I've put here;
Pirate name: Rome

Name of Event:  TBAD

Brief description: A mostly (hopefully) worry free but still fun celebration of our 8th year of pirating.   

Venue: Midnight.  Xi, probably something at Angelfish or Midsummer.

Expected Start Time: August 14-21

Planned Duration: 7-9 Sessions

Judging Duration: 24 hours

* Oceanmaster Assistance Basically what I'm asking from you guys is if it would be possible if we provide the prizes (right now we're looking at war frigs and cash) to automate a few tournaments for us.   Most of this event will be largely run with our own resources. 

* Oceanmaster Prizes: I would love to  have something really unique as a grand prize, my dream prize would be a Thanos doll, and heck one of the old Devs might enjoy making that.  But I came up with the idea too late probably.  An OM doll would be awesome  I'm not sure how many OMs would want their dolls associated with us, hahah.  Does Cleaver have a doll?     The second dream would be a cool familiar of course.  ACTUALLY I just had another dream, a unique trophy. 

Maybe on the low end if you guys want to provide some cool trinkets for door prizes that would be cool too.

BUT, realistically, we really don't need any of this by the way.  We will come up with our own Grand Prize if necessary, we just really wish to have something unique to offer, but if not, we'll make it worth player's while.

* Broadcasts: Just the regular one with the tourney will do

* When requesting prizes, remember that we are more likely to offer help with prizes for events where some prizes are already being provided by the event organizer. For example, we are much more likely to agree to rename a prize ship that you are providing than to provide the ship ourselves.

Event Proposal:
   I have to say this is still rough, but right now we propose holding 7 tournaments at times that will reach players of all time zones.  The prize for this tournament will be a ship that will serve as an entry into our raffle for a grand prize.
   There also will be a Rome Dunking event.  Taking place in an event blockade, the navigator who manages to sink me and four or fiveof my friends with whatever crew he can fit on a sloop will be given an entry into this drawing, and money to share between his ship.  The caveat is though he will have to survive to the end, because if someone else sinks him they will be deemed the winner.  If there is a tie then the next round the tied people will have a last ship-sailing duel.    Of course the standard Crimson Tide "we can't stop people from interfering" disclaimer applies. 
   Lastly, our weekly "Crimson Tideament" (tournaments in drinking, rumble, swords and treasure drop) event will be held with much bigger prizes than normal and in an easily accessible location rather than our homes or quiet Inns like usual. Here the grand prize will be drawn for with the old Robertdonald technique of using the drinking puzzle as a raffle machine (the first pirate who has the piece assigned to him come up wins).

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »