Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Oct 18, 2017, 04:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Please make sure your e-mail address is up to date. You will lose access to some of your groups if you have an e-mail address that creates server bounces.
* Home Help Login Register
+  Crimson Tide Board
|-+  General Area
| |-+  Tips & Tricks (Moderator: Mistymate)
| | |-+  Weaving Tutorial
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Weaving Tutorial  (Read 511 times)
Rome
Administrator

« on: Jul 12, 2012, 11:12 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8b86TGvlKM

Sorry the sound is not very good.

"It will always happen that he who is not your ally will urge neturality upon you, while he who is your ally will urge you to take sides."
Bisquick
Captain

« Reply #1 on: Jul 12, 2012, 03:20 PM »

Yeah, weaving is kind of a weird game.  In response to some of your comments in the video, I'll try to explain how the pieces fall using an example from the video:

The loom initially wants to stop with the new drop on top of the black line because of column of five.  But because the highest columns keep clearing, the loom will push to the dark red line by the end of the combo.  It stops there because the red/yellow/red becomes the highest column after everything else clears.  The dark red line is where the R/Y/R column has been pushed to the bottom and can't go further, thus stopping the loom.

Although, heh, even though I understand how it works, setting up effective combos are still somewhat of a crapshoot for me.  Try to stick to one high column toward the middle.  Use it to hover/float similar colored pieces over each other on the sides to be pushed down later in a combo.  And then I think of it sort of like sailing, where I'll hang pieces off the edge of a solid column to promote another step of a combo.

« Last Edit: Jul 12, 2012, 06:02 PM by Bisquick » Logged
Rome
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: Jul 14, 2012, 12:44 AM »

Thanks Bis, glad this puzzle makes sense to someone!

"It will always happen that he who is not your ally will urge neturality upon you, while he who is your ally will urge you to take sides."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »