Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 26, 2019, 11:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Don't forget to sign up with your pirate name so we know who you are!  If we can't figure out who you are, your account will be deleted.
* Home Help Login Register
+  Crimson Tide Board
|-+  General Area
| |-+  The Mad Titan Inn (Moderator: Grimes)
| | |-+  Ahoy! after so long...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ahoy! after so long...  (Read 638 times)
Jamesofur
Senior Officer

« on: Jan 06, 2013, 06:15 AM »

I've been gone for a verrrry long time. First because of some family problems, then work, then school, now work however now that I'm fairly settled and in a much better (and amazing) job and position for a while I thought I'd check in on Puzzle Pirates again given the amazing amount of great feelings I still have from that time. So I've reupped my subscription (for a year given the nice old timers discount) and am exploring in game again. Would be great to see who's still around and would love to see what people think, what should I be looking at that's new? What should I be careful about/know? :).

Jamesofur-senior officer Cookie Pirates

San Francisco,CA
Grimes

« Reply #1 on: Jan 06, 2013, 12:45 PM »

Welcome back!

I was gone for over two years and returned last summer, so my two cents:

-They merged oceans last year, so you can now sail into Cobalt to the west. Unfortunately, activity is consistently low, though there's almost always a big pillage or SMH going on.

-Atlantis is definitely the most lucrative activity, and is far less exhausting if you can grab a gunner or defender spot. Cursed Isles are a nice, small group activity with the occasional cool item. Haunted Seas have some truly outstanding artwork and atmosphere, but I've found after spending 2-4 hours on trips, payouts just aren't worth it at all. Vikings and Imperial Outposts are a neat trip to try sometime too.

-I don't follow the forums very well, but it seems like the next big game release will be implementing a Kraken SMH. The latest limited edition sloop, Hunter Class, reinforced the concept, so hopefully we'll see it soon.

-Familiars can be (relatively) easily obtained, so they're really not special anymore. Tan ones are almost always available on the forums for 200-300k, colored ones tend to average over 1mil.

-Crimson Tide does Tideaments on Sunday nights on Xi, and a flag-lead pillage on Monday nights.

-Lots of rare(r) items floating around, such as different types of clothing and unique furniture. Trading Posts require various trinkets from Sea Monster Hunts, so if you see an item at a shop requiring a "design" you will need to visit a Post and meet the proper prerequisites. The color palette has greatly expanded, with a handful of colors on very limited availability based around the month.

I think that about covers it. Happy sailing!

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -Churchill
Rome
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: Jan 06, 2013, 10:55 PM »

Hey!!!  Welcome back!  Grimes covered most of it, and it's hard for me to have perspective on what's new since it all runs together for me, hahah.

"It will always happen that he who is not your ally will urge neturality upon you, while he who is your ally will urge you to take sides."
Jamesofur
Senior Officer

« Reply #3 on: Jan 07, 2013, 08:48 AM »

\o/ Thanks both of you, it's nice to see some faces I remember around at least :). The SMHs seem to be the biggest change that's really interesting but there are a bunch more puzzles too which is nice. I'm slowly moving towards Xi at the moment (slowly because I'm memming the past as I go) to try and set up my home on a flag island rather then far away on Winter Solstice. It's good to be back :).

Jamesofur-senior officer Cookie Pirates

San Francisco,CA
Madanne
Royalty

« Reply #4 on: Jan 10, 2013, 05:04 AM »

*Yer Captain waves*

Welcome back!!

Tinyred says, "estrogen bote ftw"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »