Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Mar 23, 2019, 11:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Please make sure your e-mail address is up to date. You will lose access to some of your groups if you have an e-mail address that creates server bounces.
* Home Help Login Register
+  Crimson Tide Board
|-+  Friends and Allies Area
| |-+  Pirates in Prayer (Moderators: NutMeg, Michelob, Matahari)
| | |-+  Ideas Thread!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ideas Thread!  (Read 1319 times)
Matahari

« on: May 02, 2005, 11:10 PM »

:idea:  :idea:  :idea:  :idea:  :idea:  :idea:  :idea:  :idea:  :idea:  :idea:  :idea:  :idea:  :idea:  :idea:  :idea:  :idea:  :idea:  :idea:  :idea:  :idea:  :idea:

So, if you have some ideas about things we could do, this be the place to post them!  Here are some ideas that came out of the first meeting:

* At every meeting, we can share our 'closest moment to God' for the week. This isn't meant to be something Earth-shattering, sometimes God is found in simple things.
* Meg works with the high school kids at her church. If we have any ideas for things for her to do, please let her know!
* Some of us feel like we don't do enough 'Godly' stuff, but we don't really have any clue where to begin. If you have any ideas about the things we could do (again, we weren't thinking Earth-shattering, just everyday things) to get closer to God, then by all means, Share!

"My desire for companionship outweighs my disgust for picking up [poop]."
        ~a comedian on the radio
Michelob

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2005, 02:04 AM »

Thanks to Mars for reopening this forum to the public.  It was always my intention (and Mata's as well) to keep this group open to anyone who wants to participate, so long as people are respectful, keeping in mind that (at this point at least) this group is predominantly focused on Christianity.  Not much pertaining to this group's purpose and goals is set in stone yet, although some ideas have been presented by myself and others in the original thread, and, to get back on topic ;), more ideas can go in this thread.

Peace, ye'all.

Edit:  fixed broken link
« Last Edit: Nov 20, 2005, 03:41 PM by Michelob » Logged

*hic* Hide the rum!  The boozer's back in town!

Mars
Visitor

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2005, 09:42 AM »

=)

Aquamarina
Officer

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2005, 11:26 PM »

How would it be if we read a chapter in the bible to discussion each week?  Just a thought

God Bless!

Aqua is never "blue"!
Pirates of the Damned's Newest Officer!
Petry
Senior Officer

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2005, 11:34 AM »

I'm good for that. But are we going to have a set plan or we all pick one and discuss it for five mins or something like that?

Lazylubber says, "So I actually know how to use a saber"
Lazylubber says, "Ye should know, fencers do it with 36 inches of cold hard steel ;-)"
Matahari

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2005, 08:23 PM »

RE: bible reading
I think if every week somebody picks one that would be cool. I don't think we all need to pick one every week. I, for one, would not be able to come up with something useful every week.

RE: Opening the forum to the public
If other faiths besides Christianity are interested in starting their own prayer group, I would not mind if they posted here to gauge (sp?) interest in their particular group. I don't mind what is posted, like Mich said, as long as it's respectful. In fact I personaly woudln't mind if other faiths shared stories or readings spiritual in nature that we could all learn from. (From what little I know about religion, I have found many similarities in the teaching of other faiths, even those that don't believe in a single God!)

~~~~~~~~
Kelseyrose - SO Pirates in Prayer

"My desire for companionship outweighs my disgust for picking up [poop]."
        ~a comedian on the radio
Petry
Senior Officer

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2005, 11:45 AM »

Re: going public

I agree w/ Mata and Mich. In fact, I'd love to see our coming out as a signal to others that may have wanted to search for more spirituality.

Lazylubber says, "Ye should know, fencers do it with 36 inches of cold hard steel ;-)"
Petry
Senior Officer

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2005, 11:47 AM »

Also, a friend of mine administers another forum that deals specifically with all religion/spirituality.

I wanted to post it for those who may have some technical questions. :)

http://www.truthseekerhaven.com

Edit: She has enlisted the help of several academic scholars and other credible sources of information to keep all the opinions and discussions respectful.

uzi
Visitor

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2005, 12:05 PM »

Quote from: Matahari
RE: bible reading
I think if every week somebody picks one that would be cool. I don't think we all need to pick one every week. I, for one, would not be able to come up with something useful every week.
Kelseyrose - SO Pirates in Prayer

It is all useful.

:D

uzi

Who would have ever thought?
Honest, I really do sell Lollipops!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »